Should Jamele Hill be fired for calling Trump as white supremacist? - DebateIsland Development Environment The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland Development Environment

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

Should Jamele Hill be fired for calling Trump as white supremacist?
in United States

By ale5ale5 245 Pts
"Donald Trump is a white supremacist who has largely surrounded himself w/ other white supremacists."

http://www.npr.org/2017/09/17/551636211/espn-flap-shows-people-cant-even-agree-on-what-theyre-arguing-over-in-trump-era

This week, President Trump and conservatives went after ESPN, the cable sports network, for comments made by Jemele Hill, who hosts of one of the flagship SportsCenter shows.

It all started on Monday when Hill, who is black, tweeted in reply to someone else: "Donald Trump is a white supremacist who has largely surrounded himself w/ other white supremacists."

White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders called Hill's comment a "fireable offense."

That was certainly an aggressive move by Hill, and ESPN for tolerating such statements...but is there some truth to what she is saying?
I am generally not supportive of Trump, but maybe that's a bit much even for me.
  1. Live Poll

Did Jamele Hill cross the line?

2 votes
    1. Yes
      50.00%
    2. No
      50.00%
It's kind of fun to do the impossible
- Walt Disney

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Arguments

• That is crossing the line.  It will be interesting to see if the network will back her or CYA and fire her to relieve the pressure.  
    Live Long and Prosper
  • While I don't agree with Jamele Hill's comments, I do believe it's within her rights to express her opinions in a public manner. It's up to ESPN to decide what it wants to do.