Will Trump Tax Reform Have Bipartisan Support? - DebateIsland Development Environment The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland Development Environment

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

Will Trump Tax Reform Have Bipartisan Support?
in Politics

Do you believe that the Trump Tax Reform plan will receive bipartisan support? I don’t believe so.
natbaronsjoecavalry
  1. Live Poll

?

4 votes
    1. Yes
      50.00%
    2. No
      50.00%
About Persuade Me

Persuaded Argument

• NonCredentiNonCredenti 46 Pts
    Winning Argument ✓
    DrCereal said:
    @DrCereal
    That isn't the current tax plan
    Oh. What plan are you referring to?
    I was referring to the most recent Senate bill, which proposes to eliminate the individual mandate for health insurance. But the thread was started a couple of weeks ago, so I guess I'm late to the party.

Regardless of what the newest bill does to middle-class taxes, I think removing the individual mandate is enough to guarantee Democrats will not vote for it. 

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Arguments

• Yes, it may have some support from Democrats.
  • Why would it have support from Democrats?  It will raise taxes on the middle class, transferring it to the mega-rich, which Democrats are opposed to. The latest addition is a repeal of the individual mandate, which no Democrat is going to support. 
  • DrCerealDrCereal 168 Pts
    edited November 2017
    Why would it have support from Democrats?  It will raise taxes on the middle class, transferring it to the mega-rich, which Democrats are opposed to. The latest addition is a repeal of the individual mandate, which no Democrat is going to support. 
    I do believe that the claim that "Trump's tax plan will raise taxes on the middle class" is false.
    I remember seeing something from The Washington Post regarding this.
    Bis das, si cito das.
  • @DrCereal
  • There is no bipatinship on this issue: conservatives think the government takes too much and liberals think the government takes to much.  No room for compromise there.
  • @DrCereal
    Oh. What plan are you referring to?
    Bis das, si cito das.
  • Too little*
    DrCereal
  • NonCredentiNonCredenti 46 Pts
    edited November 2017
    There is no bipatinship on this issue: conservatives think the government takes too much and liberals think the government takes too little.  No room for compromise there.
    Hey, we agree!
  • @NonCredenti

Yes, Dems will never vote for freedom, unless it it sexual perversion.
    DrCereal
  • No, the Democrats may not want to be bipartisan. They may also disagree with some things inside the tax reform.
    DebateIslander and a DebateIsland.com lover.