Did hillary's personality cause her the presidency or her email? - DebateIsland Development Environment The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland Development Environment

Communities

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

Did hillary's personality cause her the presidency or her email?
in Politics

By aarongaarong 90 Pts edited November 2016
What do you think?
What do you think?
  1. Live Poll

What do you think?

16 votes
    1. Personality
      81.25%
    2. Other Events
      18.75%
DebateIsland.com Founder/Administrator | Contact Me Via Private Messaging (aarong), Contact Support At customerservice@debateisland.com | Happy Debating! 

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Arguments

• I think her personality caused here the election
    aarong
    Live Long and Prosper
  • My answer is Personality.
    aarong
  • Don't you know it was China that HACKED THE ELECTION? Trump'l deport me back TO THE UK
  • I think it was her personality.
  • And how would China manage to hack the elections?
  • null
    Great point DericWM2001, I agree with that. China is unlikely to have hacked the election. Also, I believe her personality caused her the election.
  • And btw, I think it was the email along with the discovery of the past political history of the Clintons that caused Hillary to lose the US Presidential Elections.
  • Yes, it could be both, but what perticular events do you think?
  • Some body made a debate on who hacked the election, you should check it out. I think clintons personality caused her loss In the election.
  • Hillary is back this week, claiming it was Russia and Comey who caused her loss
    manetai
    Live Long and Prosper
  • manetaimanetai 29 Pts
    She's an all around fake.
  • LogicLogic 254 Pts
    Obviously, Personality. The woman is a psycho. 
  • Personality, and I think she's done alot worse than those emails. 
    inc4t
    Retired DebateIslander. I no longer come here actively, and many of the things that I may have posted in the past (Such as belief in the flat Earth theory) do not reflect on my current views. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p6M-VgXHwwdpJarhyQYapBz-kRc6FrgdOLFAd3IfYz8/edit

• I think she is the perfect example of a very intelligent person who clings to their intelligence too much even when something else is needed.

This approach works in her professional field (law), where a logical, intelligent, persuasive argument is what wins the case. However, this simply does not work as well in front of dozens millions people, many of which know very little about anything related to politics, economics, foreign relations or sociology. In such cases, you need charisma, you need catch phrases, you need excitement. Hillary just kept talking raw policies and statistics. In a way, she was too intelligent for the average voter, although she also did not connect to people as much as she should have due to her somewhat defensive character. 

Add to it the fact that she swayed quite a bit to the left, compared to what people loved in her husband, one of the best presidents in the history of the US... And that she also angered a lot of "BernieBros" who felt that she "stole" the election from him... And people's disappointment in Obama's presidency, who had a pretty similar political platform to her... And you get the situation in which Trump is one of the few Republican politicians against which she had a decent chance of winning.