Which religion are you? - DebateIsland Development Environment The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland Development Environment

Communities

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

Which religion are you?
in Religion

Just a poll.
  1. Live Poll

Which religion are you?

19 votes
    1. Christian
        5.26%
    2. Jew
      15.79%
    3. Muslim
        0.00%
    4. Buddhist
        0.00%
    5. Hindu
        5.26%
    6. Atheist
      31.58%
    7. Agnostic
      26.32%
    8. Other
      15.79%
    9. I'm upset that atheist and agnostic are on here.
        0.00%

Debra AI Prediction

Tie
Predicted
50%
Likely
50%
Unlikely

Details +

SQL ERROR Table 'i2483808_vf2.Comment' doesn't exist
For:

50% (18 Points)

Against:

50% (18 Points)

Votes: 0
Error getting name of the opponent: Table 'i2483808_vf2.User' doesn't existError getting argument count: Table 'i2483808_vf2.Comment' doesn't existError getting vote count: Table 'i2483808_vf2.Comment' doesn't existError getting comment count: Table 'i2483808_vf2.Comment' doesn't exist

Voting Format: Casual Voting

Rounds: 3

Time Per Round: 48 Hours Per Round

Voting Period: 24 Hours

Round 1

Round 2

Round 3

Voting

Arguments

• Round 1 | Position: For
    I'm Orthodox Jewish.
    None.

I was not conditioned with religious information.

An Orthodox Jew was condition to be and believes they are an Orthodox Jew.

Such is human society.

Just be peaceful towards and respecting of others.
    MedicSilverishGoldNova
    edited February 2018
    Well, you could say I'm agnostic. I've identified as both Christian and Jewish in the past (when I was like, really young), but I've never been a very religious person. I believe in a creator, and I don't believe in BS like abiogenesis and evolution, but I don't believe in any specific creator nor align myself religiously. 

@Evidence Same
    Evidence
    Retired DebateIslander. I no longer come here actively, and many of the things that I may have posted in the past (Such as belief in the flat Earth theory) do not reflect on my current views. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p6M-VgXHwwdpJarhyQYapBz-kRc6FrgdOLFAd3IfYz8/edit

• Round 1 | Position: Against
    I'm Religious about truth in all things, through faith built on evidence with substance.

Hebrews 11:1
     Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

But not in any Religion.
    I have left my Christian Religion, and realized what all Organized Religions have in common: "to replace our One and only Possible Creator God with their own version of god".

I love all people, no matter what Religion they were born into, or chose to be in, and pray for them all that God would open their eyes to see just how they are wasting their lives on Organized Religions and their gods.
    SilverishGoldNovaBaconToesPogue
    GrenacheGrenache 65 Pts
    edited February 2018
    The church of Donottellmeihavetodothisorthatorelse.  It's a strong religion, often misunderstood with atheism but different.  Because it's not saying hell no to God, and it's not saying you or anyone else is wrong, it's just saying you're a freaking fool if you think you can tell everyone else they're going to hell and we better agree with you or else.

But I was raised Catholic.  So I guess in some sense it's kind of like American Catholicism, just without the kneeling and sacraments and zombie recitations of church dogma.
    BaconToesEvidence
    I consider myself agnostic. I believe there is a higher power or a "god" or "gods" but I don't believe or follow a specific religion. I do still have certain habits that I find difficult to get rid of, since I was born into a catholic family. For example wanting to pray the catholic way when scared or worried, but that is because I don't know how to pray to a god that I don't understand, but I'm figuring it out. 
    SilverishGoldNovaEvidence