Is the bible the most immoral book ever written ? - Page 4 - DebateIsland Development Environment The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland Development Environment

Communities

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

Is the bible the most immoral book ever written ?
in Religion

124»

Arguments

• @Sand

And now, you're just ignoring the points I make... And you expect me to answer another irrelevant deflection, before you even address them?? 
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
  • SandSand 67 Pts
    I am trying to understand your viewpoint.
    I know you are defending yourself.
    Trying to determine my angle.
    I am trying to see from your perspective.

You are entitled to your opinion.
    We both feel that slavery is immoral. I for the treatment, you for the ownership.
    You feel treatment is 'irrelevant', I feel ownership is not as important.
    I can respect your thoughts.

Someone corrected my viewpoint, that morals is based on the individual.
    It is more of a point of view.
    So if you feel the Bible is the most immoral book ever written. From your perspective you are right.
    From my perspective it is not.
    It was not my intent to trap you in words.
  • @Sand

I'm not arguing that the bible is the most immoral book ever written, it's a work of fiction... But I do think it would fit on the same shelf as The Temple of The Saints... And I'd argue that its literary value is incredibly less than any of Tolkien's work...

It's the literary equivalent of a bronze age reader's digest... 
  • SandSand 67 Pts

Keep up the good work, you are an inspiration!
    Its good to learn from someone like yourself. 

A person who constitutes a morality that is unethical, yet very influencial.
    People like yourself will show no compassion or empathy, they will build their own personal righteous code.

I speak often to older people who talked about your generation coming, and how it will affect everthing.
    They will look at masterpieces like the Bible and judge them as worthless or as this debate claims, immoral.
    Like calling the Mona Lisa a coloring page, or Guennol Lioness as a yard decoration.

You are good for the world.
    Your thoughts and reasoning are a necessity. 
    I hope you or the persons you influence find a way to band religion or destroy freedoms religion has been given, in route to your new morality.
    Where this will actually make the world a better place.

But it will also fulfill the prophecy in the Bible.

Satan's challenge will finally be answered, and God's Kingdom will come.
    Then persons like yourself can tell God to his face, what is right and what is wrong.
    I would love to hear that conversation!
    Plaffelvohfen
  • @Sand

Woah, there's a lot of unfounded ASSumptions and fallacies in there... Can't say that I'm really surprised though, pretty typical actually...

Dee