Earth Matters - DebateIsland Development Environment The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland Development Environment

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

Earth Matters
in Earth Science

So, think of your favorite animal. Toucan, Polar Bear, Tiger, maybe even a Chimp. Ok, now think about its environment. What's happening to it? Is it good? Is it bad? For one time in your life, focus on the bad things. Acid rain, greenhouse gases, and global warming. Logging forests, and a weakening Ozone Layer. This effects the animals, and this isn't noticed, but it effects us too. 
The Ozone Layer
The Ozone is now being burnt up and eaten away by gases that come from your so called "harmless fridge." NASA states...“If there were no Ozone the Sun’s intense UV rays would sterilize the Earth’s surface.” And the truth is, there is a huge hole in the ozone right above Antarctica. So did you just read what would happen if there were no Ozone? It is happening.
Acid Rain
So how is acid rain made? Acid rain is caused by a chemical reaction that begins when compounds like sulfur dioxide and nitrogen oxides are released into the air. These substances can rise very high into the atmosphere, where they mix and react with water, oxygen, and other chemicals to form more acidic pollutants, known as acid rain.
Why's It Matter To Me?
Acid rain can result in asthma, bronchitis, and heart problems. It's also harmful when evaporated acid rain is inhaled into your lungs.
Plants and Acid Rain
Acid rain does not usually kill trees and plants directly. Instead, it is more likely to weaken the trees by damaging their leaves, limiting the nutrients available to them, or poisoning them with toxic substances slowly released from the soil. ... These are very harmful to trees and plants, even if contact is limited.
Logging
First of all, logging is making the populations of forest bound animals, decrease, and decrease, and decrease. So that animal that you love so much, just might not be there in the future.
anonymousdebaterWokeWhale

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Arguments

• This is a good expositiory piece of writing I suppose, but I don't see the debate aspect. You listed a few things that are happening, but your debate topic is "Earth Matters". I don't see how that is much of a debatable topic, as we all live on the East. Perhaps reword your argument?
    BaconToes
  • NASA states a lot of things. Roscosmos likes to back then up 100% of the time. Never once have their findings clashed. :)
  • Was the creation event pure chance?

Was the creation event purposeful?

If you agree with the former, then nothing matters.

If you agree with the latter, then maybe "Earth matters".

It all boils down to the same old question in the end.