Is USA Technology Behind? - DebateIsland Development Environment The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland Development Environment

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

Is USA Technology Behind?
in United States

By aarongaarong 90 Pts
Do you think that U.S. Technology is behind?
I DISAGREE.
yolostidebillpassedBaconToes
Is USA technology Behind?
  1. Live Poll

What do you think?

9 votes
    1. Yes
      33.33%
    2. No
      66.67%
DebateIsland.com Founder/Administrator | Contact Me Via Private Messaging (aarong), Contact Support At customerservice@debateisland.com | Happy Debating! 

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Arguments

• Behind what? Compare it to almost every nation on earth and it is not even a competition. The US is ahead of almost all nations if that is what you are asking.
  • Nope said:
    Behind what? Compare it to almost every nation on earth and it is not even a competition. The US is ahead of almost all nations if that is what you are asking.
    Except in education, but is that considered a technology?
    A good debate is not judged by bias, but in the context of the debate, where objectivity is key and rationale prevalent. 

• No, they are very innovative and have a lot of companies founded in the US possibly.
  • No, they have advanced technology.
  • No, we have a lot of innovative companies. Compared to other nations we are a lot more advanced than almost all of them.
    I could either have the future pass me or l could create it. 

“We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.” - Benjamin Franklin  So flat Earthers, man-made climate change deniers, and just science deniers.

I friended myself! 
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 1699 Pts
    I have visited quite a few countries in my life. In my experience, the US technology trumps the technology of every other country on the planet, with maybe the exception of oil giants such as UAE and Qatar (who have enough money to spend on buying the top-level technology from the US) - however, it is not as evenly distributed as in some of the other developed nations. You will find that, while the average American has access to more technology than, say, the average Japanese - the poorest Americans can live in technologically extremely outdated areas, compared to the poorest Japanese. Las Vegas will put Tokyo to shame, but the outskirts of Detroit look very pale next to the outskirts of any of the large Japanese cities.