Why you should love Jesus. - DebateIsland Development Environment The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland Development Environment

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

Why you should love Jesus.
in Religion

He loves you first to the point that He was tortured to death for your repentence, confession, and salvation. Jesus is my Hope when I have no other, and I want to share His love.
Evidence
Revelation 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Arguments

• @YeshuaBought ;
    Beautiful song, thank you.

Before I spoke a word, You were singing over me
    You have been so, so good to me
    Before I took a breath, You breathed Your life in me
    You have been so, so kind to me
    Oh, the overwhelming, never-ending, reckless love of God
    Oh, it chases me down, fights 'til I'm found, leaves the ninety-nine
    I couldn't earn it, and I don't deserve it, still, You give Yourself away
    Oh, the overwhelming, never-ending, reckless love of God, yeah
    When I was Your foe, still Your love fought for me
    You have been so, so good to me
    When I felt no worth, You paid it all for me
    You have been so, so kind to me
    And oh, the overwhelming, never-ending, reckless love of God
    And I couldn't earn it, and I don't deserve it, still, You give Yourself away
    There's no shadow You won't light up
    Mountain You won't climb up
    Coming after me
    There's no wall You won't kick down
    Lie You won't tear down
    Coming after me
    Coming after me
    Lie You won't tear down
    Coming after me
    Coming after me
    Lie You won't tear down
    Coming after me
    Coming after me
    Lie You won't tear down
    Coming after me
    Oh, the overwhelming, never-ending, reckless love of God
    And I couldn't earn it, I don't deserve it, still, You give Yourself away

Beautiful, but here is my question; if Christ is calling on everyone as this song  so beautifully portrays, how could Christians remain in a Religion that makes God flesh and blood where Satan could kill Him?
    How?

If God can be killed, then He is not Infinite and Eternal. How could Any-THING reach or touch God where He could be killed? By what, by God transforming into flesh?? That would be (I hate to put it this way, but to make a strong point) Satan's wet-dream, to kill God. He knows that's impossible, so he devised an evil lying doctrine that at least in the minds of billions of people, he was able to kill god.

If Infinite and Eternal can be turned into a finite, created being subject to dying , some flesh made out of dirt, then where is our Hope?
    Who could, and honestly asking;  who would trust God anymore?

Luke 11:33 “No one, when he has lit a lamp, puts it in a secret place or under a basket, but on a lampstand, that those who come in may see the light. 34 The lamp of the body is the eye. Therefore, when your eye is good, your whole body also is full of light. But when your eye is bad, your body also is full of darkness.
    35 Therefore take heed that the light which is in you is not darkness.
    36 If then your whole body is full of light, having no part dark, the whole body will be full of light,
    as when the bright shining of a lamp gives you light.”

• This "Jesus" character does not love anyone. With all the deaths in the world, if he truly existed, and truly died for humanity, then his sacrifice holds no value, very sad and unfortunate that innocent children are being murdered and are robbed of their chance at life.
    Nathaniel_B
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? " ~Epicurus

"Americanism not Globalism, will be our credo." ~Donald Trump

"A communist is like a crocodile" ~Winston Churchill
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 1699 Pts
    There have been many people in history who were tortured to death in the name of others. For example, Joan of Arc. And Joan of Arc, at least, managed to save France from being obliterated and erased from history before dying at stake - while Jesus only got himself and his followers executed, and his land devastated by Roman legions. Which tends to happen when you proclaim that self-defense is a sin.

This worship towards people who lived centuries/millennia ago is really bizarre. Why not stick to the ideas for what they are, rather than constantly looking for someone, especially someone who has been a corpse for a very long time, to tell you what to believe?
  • This "Jesus" character does not love anyone. With all the deaths in the world, if he truly existed, and truly died for humanity, then his sacrifice holds no value, very sad and unfortunate that innocent children are being murdered and are robbed of their chance at life.
    @George_Horse ; I think you got Jesus mixed up with Planned Parenthood!?
    George_HorseNathaniel_B
  • MayCaesar said:
    There have been many people in history who were tortured to death in the name of others. For example, Joan of Arc. And Joan of Arc, at least, managed to save France from being obliterated and erased from history before dying at stake - while Jesus only got himself and his followers executed, and his land devastated by Roman legions. Which tends to happen when you proclaim that self-defense is a sin.

This worship towards people who lived centuries/millennia ago is really bizarre. Why not stick to the ideas for what they are, rather than constantly looking for someone, especially someone who has been a corpse for a very long time, to tell you what to believe?

@MayCaesar So why do you listen to the long dead evolving Ape Darwin? Has anyone checked on him lately? You know evolution happens in the grave, right? Better check on his skull and bones, maybe he speciated?
    His skull would make a good specimen, would fit the "missing link" quite-nicely, don't you two think so?