Will China Become The Largest World Power? - DebateIsland Development Environment The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland Development Environment

Communities

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

Will China Become The Largest World Power?
in Global

By joecavalryjoecavalry 404 Pts
Do you believe that China will become the largest world power?

1. Live Poll

?

6 votes
    1. Yes
      50.00%
    2. No
      50.00%
DebateIslander and a DebateIsland.com lover. 

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Arguments

• It really depends on how you calculate the size. Largest by population count? It already is. Largest by raw GDP? They are getting there. Largest by the land size? Maybe one day.

Largest by the degree of world influence, or the economical prosperity per capita, or even military power? I seriously doubt they can dethrone the US in this regard. Not with their current Orwellian system of total control and suppression of individuality. I say they are lucky if they take place of the Soviet Union in the next Cold War, but even in such a scenario they will always remain number two, at best.
  • While the topic is shockingly non-specific, I think a global GDP is a decent standard to start with. Source: https://www.investopedia.com/insights/worlds-top-economies/

USA Nominal GDP: $19.39 trillion 
    China Nominal GDP: $12.01 trillion 
    Japan Nominal GDP: $4.87 trillion 
    Germany Nominal GDP: $3.68 trillion 
    This alone provides evidence that China is a superpower already in the world economically. In a world of nuclear weapons that most superpowers have but no one wants to use, economic power is very important.

The future is impossible for man to predict, but I don't think it's out of the question for China to take a lead in the world. They have already massively branched out into the resources of other countries (e.g. Zambia) and have international respect for the infrastructure they build along the way, even if for selfish purposes (nothing wrong with that in this case.)

They've got a great trend line, but the world is full of upsets. China's massive Christian population puts pressure on their anti-Christian government, and we'll have to see how that goes in the future. Relations with North Korea are also relevant.
  • It already is.