Is a low carb diet healthy? - DebateIsland Development Environment The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland Development Environment

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

Is a low carb diet healthy?
in General

By janesixjanesix 31 Pts
Is a low carb diet healthy, or should it just be used for weight loss (and not long term)?

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Arguments

• It's unhealthy. You will be constantly tired and unhappy. You will lose weight but you'll hate doing it.
  • do you know this from experience? I need to lose weight and I only plan to be on it for about four months, if I loose ten pounds per month. then i can add back carbs until i am at a steady weight that i like@someone234
  • someone234someone234 630 Pts
    edited August 2018
    janesix said:
    do you know this from experience? I need to lose weight and I only plan to be on it for about four months, if I loose ten pounds per month. then i can add back carbs until i am at a steady weight that i like@someone234
    You will feel far less pleasure and ability to enjoy life during the month.

If you extended the time to be literally the rest of your life and made the diet simply a bit lower in carbs than now, you'd lose weight slower and more pleasantly than any diet where it's designed for fast results.
  • I do want fast results. Have you tried a low carb diet? @someone234
  • janesix said:
    I do want fast results. Have you tried a low carb diet? @someone234
    This isn't about me.
  • You made claims about how I would feel while on the diet. I am wondering how you know. @someone234