We should defund the left. - DebateIsland Development Environment The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland Development Environment

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

We should defund the left.
in Politics

By TheocratTheocrat 67 Pts
If we defunded the left, such as getting rid of every department that exists for the sole purpose of redistributing wealth to buy votes for liberals, the left would cease to exist in one generation.
ApplesauceDrCerealAgility_Dude

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Arguments

• ApplesauceApplesauce 239 Pts
    edited August 2018

@Theocrat

So there was a dateline or something on last night covering the homeless in California.  If you care about these people and if you believe it's a problem, why would you allow even more, essentially homeless illegals into their state and allow them to use taxpayer funds, when there isn't adequate resources for legal citizens?  if there is a finite and inadequate number of resources, how can you then attempt to share what there isn't enough of to begin with?

"I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
    Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"
    The Animals
  • We could also defund all religious people, so they quit their preaching and let everyone else develop science and technology without being pestered. But then the "right" would fall apart as well, would it not? Oh well...

Both Republican and Democratic party have long outlived their usefulness. It is time for new parties to emerge, focused on tomorrow and not yesterday. Technological Party, Libertarian Party (not the current one) and Cosmopolitan Party are long overdue. It is silly that we still are bickering on whether gays should or should not be able to marry, when at the same time developing quantum computing and genetic engineering. We are like cavemen who were suddenly teleported into an industrial society, not knowing how to live in it.
  • @MayCaesar
    the U.S. government doesn't fund religion.....
    "I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
    Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"
    The Animals
  • @MayCaesar
    the U.S. government doesn't fund religion.....
    It doesn't fund the left either...
    Bis das, si cito das.
  • Nothing like willful leftist ignorance.  Every dime that is redistributed is yo fund the left.  Get rid of that and no one would vote for a lefty.  
    DrCereal
  • Theocrat said:
    Nothing like willful leftist ignorance.  Every dime that is redistributed is yo fund the left.  Get rid of that and no one would vote for a lefty.  
    Social programs and redistribution aren't really things leftists use to campaign. Maybe they'll say they'll defend them, but I don't think they use the programs' existences as campaigning material.
    Bis das, si cito das.
  • @Applesauce

Not directly, but it gives religious institutions preference when it comes to tax collection (at least, in the majority of states, as far as I know). 

That said, I am not being serious. I have nothing against churches, and, in fact, in harder times several churches helped me quite a bit, despite me not being religious. Many churches are essentially charity organizations, and it makes sense to exempt them from taxes.

But the OP's post did not really warrant a serious response, did it? ;)
    Applesauce
  • ROFL.  Hillary and Bernie were vying for who could give away more of my money to those who did not earn it.  Save your ignorance and lies for your lefty buddies; those of us bounded by reality are not swayed.  And tell Isco who’s would vote for a lefty without the freebies stolen from the productive?
  • I guess DrCereal thinks the lefties trying to bribe voters with a $42,000,000,000,000 program is not buying votes.
  • No lefty is giving away “free” college to pay for the support of college professors.