Atheism is wrong - DebateIsland Development Environment The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland Development Environment

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

Atheism is wrong
in Religion

By Zombieguy1987Zombieguy1987 441 Pts edited September 2018
Can someone legitimately prove atheism is wrong?
https://www.google.com/search?q=victims+of+religion&safe=active&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=x&ved=0ahukewihu9jugorfahwkmeakhbtib00q_auidigb&biw=1920&bih=963&safe=active

Blues and Raptors handed two very toxic teams embarrassing losses, 95% of the sports world is rejoicing in the news

Repealing the Second Amendment is the first step to Totalitarianism, and it needs to be prevented to protect our freedom 

http://www.atheistrepublic.com/

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Arguments

• Why do I need to persuade you that atheism is wrong? You already stated it in your subject.
    Zombieguy1987EvidenceGeorge_HorseNathaniel_B
  • And the winner of someone who cant persuade goes to Pieter
    EvidenceGeorge_HorseNathaniel_BPolaris95
    https://www.google.com/search?q=victims+of+religion&safe=active&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=x&ved=0ahukewihu9jugorfahwkmeakhbtib00q_auidigb&biw=1920&bih=963&safe=active

Blues and Raptors handed two very toxic teams embarrassing losses, 95% of the sports world is rejoicing in the news

Repealing the Second Amendment is the first step to Totalitarianism, and it needs to be prevented to protect our freedom 

• Pieter said:
    Why do I need to persuade you that atheism is wrong? You already stated it in your subject.
    Persuade: Trying to convince someone through argument and/or reasoning

You failed @Pieter

EvidenceGeorge_HorsePolaris95

• Can someone legitimately prove atheism is wrong?
    @Zombieguy1987 OP: "Atheism is wrong"

We all agree with your O.P. why prove something we all agree on?
    Zombieguy1987
  • Guy, have fun wasting your time! You all call each other “idiots,” so you’re all idiots. You guys go fight over this stuff, I’m preping for Shabbat.
    Zombieguy1987
  • Atheism is not wrong. I advocate atheism, there are bad atheists, but atheism is not wrong.  It is not like NOT believing in a god is wrong. 
    Zombieguy1987
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? " ~Epicurus

"Americanism not Globalism, will be our credo." ~Donald Trump

"A communist is like a crocodile" ~Winston Churchill
  • Atheism is not wrong, it’s just a different belief. As in, not everyone believes in the same god. Or that there is a god, for some, its just a spagehtti monster.
    Zombieguy1987
    Sovereignty for Kekistan
  • Judaism said:
    Guy, have fun wasting your time! You all call each other “idiots,” so you’re all idiots. You guys go fight over this stuff, I’m preping for Shabbat.
    Make sure you wash your hand after, OK?

@Judaism
    ErfisflatZombieguy1987cheesycheese
  • Wowsil said:
    Atheism is not a belief at all.

Atheism: //disbelief or lack of belief in God or Gods.//

The definition is clear-cut, black and white, and unambiguous.

Trying to make out that atheism is "another sort" of belief is just playing around with semantics to the point of stupidity.
    AmericanFurryBoy

@Wowsil ;
    How can atheism be disbelief or lack of belief in something we have tens of thousands of? Are you an atheist? Then you believe that God or gods don't exist, .. correct? So based on the obvious, that we literally have tens of thousands of gods, that is one cultic tight Religious belief system, .. or more like "denial of the obvious"!
    What happens if you break this; Atheism: //disbelief or lack of belief in God or Gods.// doctrine? Do you get kicked out of church?

Related image

Image result for gods

Related image

Take your pick?

Image result for gods

Zombieguy1987
  • Atheism is not wrong, it simply is unneeded. The "a-theism" term by its structure implies some degree of opposition to theism. But does theism warrant opposition? No.

I see religion as an obsidian axe. Interesting from the cultural and historical standpoint, amazing design for its time, a certain aesthetic beauty... and completely irrelevant in the modern world. If someone wants to wield an obsidian axe as an inherent part of their life in the modern society, then let them; they are harmless. Would it make sense to be "a-obsidian axe"? Of course not.

People like Richard Dawkins, going out of their way to engage with religious people and try to make them look bad, do not do anyone service. It would be much better if he spent that time educating people on biology, than participating in these pointless bickering duels.

I just had a great conversation yesterday with a PhD in theology, who gave an interesting insight on the reasons behind the failure of Catholicism on the Middle East. This is a really fascinating stuff! I love learning about the world and seeing how its different aspects come together to create very interesting effects. Be open-minded and ready for new paradigms, and you can understand the world far better, than by taking a hard stance against something and making it an essential part of your world view.
    Zombieguy1987George_HorseNathaniel_Bcheesycheese
  • Evidence said:

Oh boy! Why is Jesus a white male? Why should I have to pay tribute to him and worship this white man? This is the problem with religion. Europeans have rejected the idea of Jesus being a darker-skinned being, and that he was this wonderful, supreme white man who allegedly saved humanity from its "sins." I say as a black man that nothing is wrong with Atheism, and that I respected my father's words that Christianity is a "white man's religion" and that I have no place worshipping a white man. Religion controls the mind, and puts it out of the dimension of reality, logic, and reason. 
    George_HorseZombieguy1987
    “Communism is evil. Its driving forces are the deadly sins of envy and hatred.” ~Peter Drucker 

"It's not a gun control problem, it's a cultural control problem."
    Bob Barr
  • rutuja1999rutuja1999 2 Pts
    edited October 2018
    Although believes are generally shaped by by events that occur in someone's life, atheism can actually prove to be harmful. Religion is meant to imbibe certain values in growing children. Excessive stringent ways of enforcing them can be harmful. However, logically presenting the reasons behind religious believes can open closed doors of mind and result in much developed thought process. Every religion in this world aims at attaining peaceful mind and world. It's we, who fail to understand the real reasons. Atheism doesn't try to achieve any of the given scenarios. It's just a disbelief in god. For me, god is one who tries to bring peace in life. So i feel, atheism is wrong indeed
    Zombieguy1987Nathaniel_BPlaffelvohfen
  • Although believes are generally shaped by by events that occur in someone's life, atheism can actually prove to be harmful. Religion is meant to imbibe certain values in growing children. Excessive stringent ways of enforcing them can be harmful. However, logically presenting the reasons behind religious believes can open closed doors of mind and result in much developed thought process. Every religion in this world aims at attaining peaceful mind and world. It's we, who fail to understand the real reasons. Atheism doesn't try to achieve any of the given scenarios. It's just a disbelief in god. For me, god is one who tries to bring peace in life. So i feel, atheism is wrong indeed
    Exactly HOW is atheism wrong? Can you PROVE the existence of a god? 
    Zombieguy1987George_Horse
    “Communism is evil. Its driving forces are the deadly sins of envy and hatred.” ~Peter Drucker 

"It's not a gun control problem, it's a cultural control problem."
    Bob Barr
  • @rutuja1999 ;

I lead a very happy and peaceful life without believing in any deities. It is a strange notion, pretty common among religious people, that believing in god is an essential part of achieving peace of mind. 

In my life, the core ingredients of happiness and peace are: self-confidence (making sure I am always happy with myself), self-reliance (making sure I do not depend on anyone) and sense of humor (making sure the negative events do not affect my state of mind negatively). These three combined create the core, the backbone, that allows me to always feel good and in control, regardless of what is happening around me.

As you can see, the god does not enter the equation at any point. Do you consider it wrong, based on your conclusion that atheism is wrong?
    Nathaniel_BZombieguy1987Plaffelvohfen
  • Although believes are generally shaped by by events that occur in someone's life, atheism can actually prove to be harmful. Religion is meant to imbibe certain values in growing children. Excessive stringent ways of enforcing them can be harmful. However, logically presenting the reasons behind religious believes can open closed doors of mind and result in much developed thought process. Every religion in this world aims at attaining peaceful mind and world. It's we, who fail to understand the real reasons. Atheism doesn't try to achieve any of the given scenarios. It's just a disbelief in god. For me, god is one who tries to bring peace in life. So i feel, atheism is wrong indeed
    maybe we cant prove it but what do you have to gain from denying god
    George_HorseZombieguy1987
    I get to spend Sundays doing stuff that is productive 

• The bible contradicts it's self a lot.
    Zombieguy1987George_Horsecheesycheese

okay lets do a cost benefit analysis you get to spend your sundays doing something productive for a maximum of 120 years and then there are 2 possibilities nothing happens to you or you get tortured for eternity but if you go to church on sunday and believe in god then either nothing happens to you anymore or you get rewarded for eternity
    Zombieguy1987

okay lets do a cost benefit analysis you get to spend your sundays doing something productive for a maximum of 120 years and then there are 2 possibilities nothing happens to you or you get tortured for eternity but if you go to church on sunday and believe in god then either nothing happens to you anymore or you get rewarded for eternity
    Zombieguy1987