The US Federal Government is unfit to exist - DebateIsland Development Environment The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland Development Environment

Communities

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

The US Federal Government is unfit to exist
in Politics

We collectively spend ~3.8T to fund it, so we expect results but we get very little. It's fascinating how the government can do so much but at the same time accomplish so little. There are thousands of laws and regulations but we still face tons of problems. We have welfare and Social Security but people are still poor, Medicare but people are still getting sick, gun laws but gun violence still happens. The military itself is a whole grievance book right there. When a balloon gets too big it pops, that is exactly what happened with the government.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Arguments

• This is true, but this is the case for every federal government in existence. There are no miracles in the world; a group of a few thousand people clustered in one district cannot manage the system consisting of hundreds millions people effectively.

The Founding Fathers were strongly anti-federalist, seeing the federal government as a necessary evil that should be as weak and impotent as possible to avoid violating people's rights, that are best guaranteed by local small governments. Ever since Lincoln changed the societal mindset on the matter, convincing everyone that the strong federal government is the only way to assure the fulfillment of people's basic needs (which it did not, as the lynchings continued for a century more after the formal abolition of slavery), the country has been in the downslope of the constantly growing and expanding federal government.

I think the situation will change drastically when cryptocurrencies will become the pillars of the worldwide economy, but until then all of us are slaves of the caprices of whoever resides in Washington DC at the moment.
  • MayCaesar said:
    This is true, but this is the case for every federal government in existence. There are no miracles in the world; a group of a few thousand people clustered in one district cannot manage the system consisting of hundreds millions people effectively.

The Founding Fathers were strongly anti-federalist, seeing the federal government as a necessary evil that should be as weak and impotent as possible to avoid violating people's rights, that are best guaranteed by local small governments. Ever since Lincoln changed the societal mindset on the matter, convincing everyone that the strong federal government is the only way to assure the fulfillment of people's basic needs (which it did not, as the lynchings continued for a century more after the formal abolition of slavery), the country has been in the downslope of the constantly growing and expanding federal government.

I think the situation will change drastically when cryptocurrencies will become the pillars of the worldwide economy, but until then all of us are slaves of the caprices of whoever resides in Washington DC at the moment.
    Oh it goes much higher that Washington DC.
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
  • I agree and disagree in a way. First I highly respect that you include the military in your critique and I appreciate the consistency. I think the federal government should go away but each state should become it's own sovereign nation. No more United States.
    funperson