Is the world crying out for a righteous and just Lawgiver? - DebateIsland Development Environment The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland Development Environment

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

Is the world crying out for a righteous and just Lawgiver?
in Religion

With all of the corrupt leaders in the religious and political spheres, how can people NOT cry out for Yeshua to save them? Yeshua is that righteous and just Lawgiver you all seceretly hope for. His yoke is easy and burden light compared to what the adversay has to offer. Yeshua is Justice and Salvation, without Him there is no other.
Revelation 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Arguments

• “Then he went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up by the way, young lads came out from the city and mocked him and said to him, “Go up, you baldhead; go up, you baldhead!” When he looked behind him and saw them, he cursed them in the name of the LORD. Then two female bears came out of the woods and tore up forty-two lads of their number”

2 kings 2:23-24

•  “Take your son, your only son – yes, Isaac, whom you love so much – and go to the land of Moriah.  Sacrifice him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains, which I will point out to you.” (Genesis 22:1-18)  

I think I will pass on this suggestion, I prefer politicians who at least have a tiny bit of a moral compass 
  • Jesus' approach to the system of justice was pretty straightforward: "Forgive everyone and give them a chance to redeem themselves". A noble ideal on paper, and an extremely impractical one in real life.

While Jesus was okay with being crucified and dying for others' sins, it should be easy to see why most of us do not want this fate. I prefer the "corrupt" system over that.