is modern Liberalism is a mental disease? - DebateIsland Development Environment The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland Development Environment

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

is modern Liberalism is a mental disease?
in Politics

I think its a disease like flat earth or religion 
Nathaniel_BAmericanFurryBoySilverishGoldNova
https://www.google.com/search?q=victims+of+religion&safe=active&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=x&ved=0ahukewihu9jugorfahwkmeakhbtib00q_auidigb&biw=1920&bih=963&safe=active

Blues and Raptors handed two very toxic teams embarrassing losses, 95% of the sports world is rejoicing in the news

Repealing the Second Amendment is the first step to Totalitarianism, and it needs to be prevented to protect our freedom 

http://www.atheistrepublic.com/

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Arguments

• I think its a disease like flat earth or religion 
    You are either under 12, or a complete bafoon.

If it's the former, it's understandable. 
    Zombieguy1987GooberryNathaniel_BSilverishGoldNova
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
  • Erfisflat said:

Let's play the insult game instead of making an argument you 5 year old
    Nathaniel_B
    https://www.google.com/search?q=victims+of+religion&safe=active&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=x&ved=0ahukewihu9jugorfahwkmeakhbtib00q_auidigb&biw=1920&bih=963&safe=active

Blues and Raptors handed two very toxic teams embarrassing losses, 95% of the sports world is rejoicing in the news

Repealing the Second Amendment is the first step to Totalitarianism, and it needs to be prevented to protect our freedom 

http://www.atheistrepublic.com/
  • Erfisflat said:

Whoa! Let's not start making Ad Hominems just because he sees your conspiracies as absurd now!  Spelled "Buffoon" wrong too!
    Zombieguy1987
    “Communism is evil. Its driving forces are the deadly sins of envy and hatred.” ~Peter Drucker 

"It's not a gun control problem, it's a cultural control problem."
    Bob Barr
  • I like to call myself a conservative, not a Trump supporter, but a conservative. My family has been Liberal since the 1960s. Liberalism, well at least the modern version, it is kind of stupid. Liberals propose stupid ideas, such as banning or getting rid of I.C.E, gun control, supporting the emigration of undocumented refugees, or Impeaching the president. I think the 20th century version of LIberalism was kind of better, the modern form of Liberalism is.....stupid. 
    Zombieguy1987Applesauce
    “Communism is evil. Its driving forces are the deadly sins of envy and hatred.” ~Peter Drucker 

"It's not a gun control problem, it's a cultural control problem."
    Bob Barr
  • Finding yourself at odds with an opposing viewpoint is nothing new nor should it be discouraged. Having open discussions about why differing views on a political topic take the stances they do is essential to developing good policy. People thinking differently and coming together to share their ideas and discuss how to make the country better is really important, and dismissing those ideas as part of some psychosis invariably destroys those conversations. When your response to the other side is "you're insane," it doesn't invite discussion. It doesn't make people likely to engage with you on individual issues and at least attempt to explain why they hold certain viewpoints. It simply tells them that there's no point in having a discussion, that their views will be actively derided. Maybe many of you are fine with that, but I'm not. I've had plenty of active disagreements with people whose viewpoints are starkly different from mine, but I've always made an effort to better understand where they're coming from. We all have our knee-jerk reactions to various sentiments, and no one is free of bias, but at the very least we should be willing to treat each other as human beings capable of basic reasoning until proven otherwise. A stance on an issue that you find ridiculous does not inherently make someone mentally ill, and the notion that it does is, frankly, insulting to the circumstances of the mentally ill.
    piloteer
  • Do you know what disease means?
    Zombieguy1987SilverishGoldNova
  • some of the reaction being portrayed certainly don't appear as normal, screaming at the sky is a prime example.  the self professed progressives have a difficult time controlling their emotions and lack critical or logical thinking in many instances (not all of them just the ones on youtube, news etc)  many have extreme control issues (they want to control you) and dangerous authoritarian tendencies.  This has given rise to politicians or would be elected officials who mirror these traits to gain their votes, very scary if you can take an honest look at the situation.
    SilverishGoldNovaZombieguy1987
    "I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
    Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"
    The Animals
  • Modern liberals are why there are instructions on shampoo bottles.

ApplesauceZombieguy1987
    Retired DebateIslander. I no longer come here actively, and many of the things that I may have posted in the past (Such as belief in the flat Earth theory) do not reflect on my current views. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p6M-VgXHwwdpJarhyQYapBz-kRc6FrgdOLFAd3IfYz8/edit

• Modern liberals are why there are instructions on shampoo bottles.

Good point, and warning labels on guns.
    SilverishGoldNovaZombieguy1987
  • Define modern liberalism.