Christmas - DebateIsland Development Environment The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland Development Environment

Communities

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

Christmas
in Religion

It's coming up in 10 days or so, so let's talk about it.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Arguments

• Gives me an excuse to not go to school
    anonymousdebater
    https://www.google.com/search?q=victims+of+religion&safe=active&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=x&ved=0ahukewihu9jugorfahwkmeakhbtib00q_auidigb&biw=1920&bih=963&safe=active

Blues and Raptors handed two very toxic teams embarrassing losses, 95% of the sports world is rejoicing in the news

Repealing the Second Amendment is the first step to Totalitarianism, and it needs to be prevented to protect our freedom 

http://www.atheistrepublic.com/
  • WordsMatterWordsMatter 458 Pts
    edited December 2018
    Annoying that I'm expected to go buy gifts for people. I told anyone who would get me something to just donate to charity instead.
    Zombieguy1987anonymousdebater
  • @Zombieguy1987 ;
    @WordsMatter

Both good answers, but let's focus on the religious aspect because why not and it is also categorized as Religion, so...
    Zombieguy1987
  • EvidenceEvidence 812 Pts
    edited December 2018
    @Zombieguy1987 ;
    @WordsMatter

Both good answers, but let's focus on the religious aspect because why not and it is also categorized as Religion, so...

True Christmas is a Religious thing, .. specifically "Christian". This is why I ask that; for the life of me, I can't understand why God fearing, Bible reading, Christ loving Believers can't see the pagan roots of the Religion called "Christian"?

Look, in Acts 11:26 it was the Gentiles who mock-called the Believers “Christian”, but in the Bible we see that they never referred to themselves as Christians, but “The Way”!

Acts 19:3 And about that time there arose a great commotion about “the Way”.

Here we see King Agrippa mocking Paul:

Acts 26:28 Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Almost thou persuadest me to be a Christian.

(I can almost hear the laughter in the court!)

And here we see how insulting and annoying it started to become to the Early Believers, or Disciples, those who were of “the Way”:

1 Peter 4:16 Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.

God bless you all.
  • Best holiday of the year. Always love to see my folks and be buyin my nephews and cousins some gifts! And I love to by buyin stuff for my parents too! Always more fun at that time of the year!
    Zombieguy1987
    “Communism is evil. Its driving forces are the deadly sins of envy and hatred.” ~Peter Drucker 

"It's not a gun control problem, it's a cultural control problem."
    Bob Barr