I'm a progressive, please change my mind. - DebateIsland Development Environment The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland Development Environment

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

I'm a progressive, please change my mind.
in Politics

Abortion: Personhood begins when the fetus has brainwaves. End of life CHOICE: It's a right. Healthcare is a right. Guns are not. Marriage is an absolute human right. I oppose the death penalty. I oppose torture. Rape culture exists. Religion should be voluntary. Contraception is a right. It is wrong to kill an animal with brainwaves. I want to be a vegan. I am antiwar. I support safe sex education. I support religious liberty for children as young as 10. Parents don't have the right to hit their children because it is a bodily liberty issue. Gender equality is a right. Sex for consenting adults is a right. 
Revelation 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Arguments

• Abortion: Personhood begins when the fetus has brainwaves. End of life CHOICE: It's a right.

Agreed fetuses are living

Healthcare is a right.

No, it's not. In order to have healthcare, you need to pay someone to give you said healthcare.

Guns are not.

Yes they are. Self defense is a right, and if someone breaks were to break into my house, I'd use a gun if I had on (too young)

Marriage is an absolute human right.

I agree

I oppose the death penalty.

So, if someone killed people you know, you don't think they deserve to die for it?

I oppose torture. 

I agree with that

Rape culture exists.

Not in America, but in the Middle East and some African nations

Religion should be voluntary. 

In my honest opinion it should be banned, but everyone does have the right to be religious or not (as long as you don't shove it down my throat)

Contraception is a right.
     It is wrong to kill an animal with brainwaves. 
    I want to be a vegan. 
    I am antiwar.
     I support safe sex education.

I agree with all this, but don't be hypocrite and say it's wrong to kill animals because being vegan means you're killing plants for food

I support religious liberty for children as young as 10.

Ah, yes. Indoctrinate the young so they stick to religious safe spaces  

Parents don't have the right to hit their children because it is a bodily liberty issue. 
    Gender equality is a right. 
    Sex for consenting adults is a right. 

And I agree with all that.

https://www.google.com/search?q=victims+of+religion&safe=active&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=x&ved=0ahukewihu9jugorfahwkmeakhbtib00q_auidigb&biw=1920&bih=963&safe=active

Blues and Raptors handed two very toxic teams embarrassing losses, 95% of the sports world is rejoicing in the news

Repealing the Second Amendment is the first step to Totalitarianism, and it needs to be prevented to protect our freedom 

http://www.atheistrepublic.com/