If you can prove that life begins at conception, I will believe you. Change my mind. - DebateIsland Development Environment The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland Development Environment

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

If you can prove that life begins at conception, I will believe you. Change my mind.
in General

I will accept any Biblical or scientific evidence you throw my way. Muslims are also free to use the Quran if they want, and any other holy book will do. My mind is open o any evidence you have for this claim.
calebsica
Revelation 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Arguments

• Can I use scientific evidence also?
  • @YeshuaBought

So, to be clear, you hold the opinion that life doesn't begin at conception, and want us to argue it does, is that it? Or is it the other way around?
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
  • Life begins at conception. This is an important idea but not as important as people make it to be. Because everyone that paid attention in their high school biology class knows this to be true. We know that at the moment of conception you are a single cell organism and science whether it be "popular" science or not states the fact that, a single cell organism is in fact, living. I believe the more important question is from the moment a human mother conceives in her womb, is that single cell living organism a unique human life. We already know it's life because it is living. But, is it human. We know through scientific studies that the number of cells in a living organism may decrease or multiply, and as these cells multiply the organism itself may change form. But, the matter from which that organism is made will never change. And what is the matter of the organism that the human woman has conceived. It's human. So we know that she has conceived human life, and that should be enough. But, lets take it one step further is it unique human life. Well in the nucleus of each individual cell there is are genes which make us who we are. And those genes are made of DNA and in each cell there are approximately 3 billion base pairs which are the individual components of our DNA, each one of those base pairs change something about us. So because of the sheer numbers of it all science states that each strand of DNA is unreplicable. Making each cell unique. Making each human life one in infinity. So, science teaches that when an abortion is performed it is the termination of a unique human life.      
    DylanApplesauce
  • Jeremiah 1:5 (“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.")
    calebsica
  • If I persuaded you please tell me.
    calebsica
  • DylanDylan 37 Pts
    edited May 2019
    @kevin_burke I honestly don't think she was genuinely open to having her mind changed seeing her newer thread she made and the fact she never replied to you. I think you made a great argument  :+1:
    Applesauce
  • @Dylan

of course not, I'm the last post in her 'rape victims should be allowed to kill their babies" thread, probably because I pointed out her inconsistency and she didn't know how to respond, my guess is I did change her mind or would if she was honest about her beliefs and she couldn't deal with that fact, hence the new threads.
    "I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
    Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"
    The Animals
  • This depends on whether you are making a reference to all life forms or the life of when a human entity begins; the latter is a whole different question altogether.

The unexamined thought is not worth thinking.