The Jussie Smollet Case is a hoax. Change My Mind. - DebateIsland Development Environment The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland Development Environment

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

The Jussie Smollet Case is a hoax. Change My Mind.
in News

I believe the attack was a hoax for a few reasons:
  1. The attack took place at 2 AM in the middle of Chicago, one of the most deadliest and liberal cities in America.
  2. Who in their right mind goes around carrying bleach and rope in below zero weather just to attack a black man? (I believe the weather the night of the "attack" was -28 degrees.)
  3. His story keeps changing. I could see if it was one or two details he missed, but he keeps adding on the story, with his most recent story change being that the attackers bit him.
  4. The security guard at the place he was staying said he looked fine when Jussie came in, despite Smollett claiming to have suffered a couple injuries.
  5. Isn't is just a tad suspicious that he claims it was two white guys wearing MAGA hats shouting "This is MAGA country"?  It seems to me that he did that for convenience.
  6. He didn't turn over phone records to police. If you're claiming to have been attacked, wouldn't it make sense to turn over any evidence you may have to strengthen your case?
These are the reasons I have for why I don't believe his story. Not to mention the fact that there have false hate crime stories made against Trump supporters in the past. But I would like to hear other people's opinions on this matter. Also, be sure to answer the survey too.
  1. Live Poll

Do you believe the attack was real?

1 vote
    1. Yes. Jussie was attacked and his attackers need to be brought to justice.
      100.00%
    2. No. His attack was just another attempt to beat down on Trump supporters.
        0.00%
    3. I don't know or I don't care
        0.00%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Arguments