should students be able to play on their phones at lunch - DebateIsland Development Environment The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland Development Environment

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

should students be able to play on their phones at lunch
in Technology

I am a student and I watch a lot of my friends playing on their phones or iPads at lunch. should this be allowed or not??

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Arguments

• I think no. You might be thinking: "Oh! A stupid parent here!", but no, I am a student with an iPhone of my own. I use my phone a lot, but when it's time to sit down and eat - I put it away. You see, most students (Because they're children) will not be able to stop texting or playing their game. They will forget about their food completely and waste it, then complain about being hungry. Kids shouldn't have their phones or iPads out at lunch - it's a distraction to the whole point of eating. 
    Polaris95Zombieguy1987
  • Whatever helish district you hail from has no law. In my district, you cant even have your phone in your pocket or it gets taken away and only a parent can come pick it up.
    Zombieguy1987
    Sovereignty for Kekistan
  • DylanDylan 37 Pts
    I see no harm in being on your phone during lunch if you want to, I never had any problems eating whilst being on my phone. If you don't want to use your phone during lunch then that's fine but you shouldn't take that away from others if they want to, it does no harm to anyone and it's not like they're in class and have to focus.  
    Polaris95Zombieguy1987
  • I think it's better not to play on your phone during the break, or whatever, but if someone wants to, why not? I think it distracts from socializing with your classmates and can be annoying for someone who hasn't brought their phone that day (or doesn't have one), but that doesn't mean students should be outright banned from using them that way.
    Zombieguy1987
  • I am a student and I watch a lot of my friends playing on their phones or iPads at lunch. should this be allowed or not??
    I am a student but believe we should not because it is bad for your mental healh and psycology. At school you can get told off and get into big trouble using phones. You should only use it to contact your parents in safety updates. Thats what I do