Americans: Is POTUS Trump YOUR POTUS? - DebateIsland Development Environment The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland Development Environment

Communities

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

Americans: Is POTUS Trump YOUR POTUS?
in Politics

By YeshuaRedeemedYeshuaRedeemed 389 Pts edited March 2019
I don't know if I always agree with POTUS Trump, BUT, he is my POTUS. I find it quit odd to hate someone that much. As a centrist, I do agree with Trumpt on some things, and find far left and far right bickering to be divicive.
Revelation 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Arguments

• Yes he is
    Sovereignty for Kekistan
  • No. He is however Executive Officer. I find you simple do not understand the difference and how it would effect my liberty.
    AlofRI
  • AlofRIAlofRI 212 Pts
    No, he is NOT. I didn't vote for him. I've not voted for others in the past, but, I did consider them my POTUS after they showed they deserved it.
    Hitler was the "POTUS" of Germany, one could say. I wouldn't consider him "mine" had I been a citizen. We are NOT, currently, forced to consider him as such. Maybe in the near future?? Don't forget to vote! The economy isn't the ONLY, or even the most important, thing at stake.

I often think of H.H. Munro when I see or hear about Trump. He said, about someone: "He is one of those people who would be enormously improved by death." When I think about the damage to America and democracy … it fits. No, I can't accept him as MY POTUS, ever. :-(
    CYDdharta
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 1699 Pts
    edited March 2019
    Trump is the president of the United States. I am not sure what "one's president of the United States" means, but he is the legally elected president, whether people like it or not.

Now, is he my president period? That depends on the terminology. I am not a permanent resident of the US, so he is not my governmental representative. At the same time, I do have a legal resident status in the US, and I am under the same jurisdiction as he is, as long as I remain on the US territory.

I have never seen myself as belonging to any country, however. As overused as this label is, I see myself as a global citizen. We do not have a worldwide government (or maybe we do, but we have not made contact with it yet, hence we hardly are under its jurisdiction, even if its members believe otherwise), hence there is no "my" president and there will never be.

That is not to mention that I do not approve of the institute of presidency in general and prefer the parliamentary republic structure - but that is a topic for another discussion.
  • A President is/was an ability of demonstration in constitutional representation. A man is the legally elected Executive officer of the United States of America. I could honestly say Officer # 45 is about as much a President as any man might be. It is not about what I like, or dislike it is about truth, whole truth, and nothing but truth. So help me Quadringenti, Undecim, Quingenti.

@MayCaesar

When a man is President of a United State, when in whole truth a man is President of a United State the representation is not of any single Nation. Presidential representation means for the future of all men, a basic principle and associated legal Precedent is placed before test of Constitution. Not a test of democracy for the future of all men. No tyranny, No Vote, A display of ability within republic for which a united State does stand as a Nation.

When the ability of President of United State is displayed, as the just and righteous truth a man has no choice about who is the President. It was a tittle conceived by men to create a goal of higher stature then Kings, as the new power is/was derived only by the people, for the people.   

@ All woman.

A woman cannot be President of a United State, she by legal means can only display a ability, of the people, for the people as Prasedera of a United State. Meaning in basic principle she is placed before constitution as representation for all woman, for the future of all woman.

What we are discussing is a state of the Union address. A union between woman and Executive office of the United States of America.