WHAT SHOULD WE DO ABOUT MINIMAL AMOUNT OF HELP FOR THE MENTALLY ILL IN THIS COUNTRY - DebateIsland Development Environment The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland Development Environment

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

WHAT SHOULD WE DO ABOUT MINIMAL AMOUNT OF HELP FOR THE MENTALLY ILL IN THIS COUNTRY
in United States

By all4acttall4actt 30 Pts
Having a chil who is mentally ill my husband I broke the bank trying to get him the help he needs.

Now as an adult when my child decides to go sober and attempts to get help from mental services it takes too long to get my child can get in before he has one of his break downs and ends up on drugs again and on the streets.

Another problem is a story of a parent s with an 8 year old who has already been put on a 5150 hold (5150 is someone who is considered to be a danger to ones self or others ).  Even after this hold they are still having trouble getting him into the mental health system.  They also are having trouble finding affordable assistance for thier son 
I think there needs to do more done for this population 

New programs to not only get help for people that are mentally but there needs to be programs to educate families about how to help thier loved oned, especially the parents of juvinles

Any ideas as to what can be done to improve these difficulties and get people c to wakeuo to this problem?

Whatdoyouwantfromme

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Arguments

• kill all the mentally ill
    PlaffelvohfenYUpeeping777Whatdoyouwantfrommeall4actt
    What kind of answer is that?

It is a serious problem that needs to be addressed. 
    Whatdoyouwantfromme
  • Throw money at the problem. This is the one and only time that’ll work
    Whatdoyouwantfrommeall4actt
    Sovereignty for Kekistan
  • It is truly sheen how we treat the mentally disabled all around the world in the USA you’re 16 times more likely to go to jail due to your mental instability and cognitive reasoning we used to have a place but we cast Them aside. 
    Our veterans will come back from horrific wars are living on the streets homeless we shell shock syndrome which we now call PTSD it is shameful ,  how are patriots are treated after water but they rather just give up a bunch of medicine which does nothing but, exacerbate the situation. Only way you can get a person in A psych ward now is if their baker act , Marchman act, or an ex-parta! For the government to turn Their backs on their own troops and their health and welfare is ludicrous and there always pushing others around So the only way they get help is to get arrested and then the veterans that should honor are sent to prison for mental issues Deplorable this must change as many people in my family have also put their lives down for the liberty and freedom that we have here in America and also we’re not completely compensated correctly just not there problem after they return as a civilian  A month before they came home they were in battle for the lives and soon as I get off the plane or battle cruiser their normal citizens and our government just doesn’t seem to care because the Walter Reed issue we put value on honor and faith I thank every veteran for Laying down their lives and liberties down for our country  and being able to put them selves country before themselves. Heroic at the least.  And then there is the gentrification and disenfranchisement which is also deplorable and this would be a nurture and nature issue no one to love them no one to care for them and no one to help them grow and learn so children unfortunately develop mental disorders Dude it is growing problem I believe in Maslow and Rogers  nurture and nature and in the same case instead of having hospitals open for simple petty possession of drugs that are used to cope with life in horrible conditions instead of going to get help they send  them to privatized prisons I don’t believe in Scientology but I do believe in their approach about mental issues therapy rather than drugs love will cure the world. By the way It’s very offensive Mr. Alabama You Obviously have never had to put your life in the hands of Another person and them do the same it’s a brotherhood the arm forces and you have to have that morale to come out alive just a great expression of the human race This is what humanities come to ignorance of intolerance and love.  A lot of people just don’t care hate poisons.Silence the angry man with love. Silence the liar with truth. Quote from Buddha
    Bless the world and with love and peace unity is possible. 

The good book says that the Meek shall inherite the earth. World peace through  inner peace. Quote from the Dalai Lama

all4actt
    Through tolerance people like you Are forgiven you Can’t fix stupidly and ignorance. 

Through tolerance people like you Are forgiven you Can’t fix stupidly and ignorance. 

• I see the algorithms can’t understand pure hateful thoughts He should’ve lost points as a bit of education for you Deborah
    all4actt
  • kill everyone opposed to mental health
    Whatdoyouwantfromme
    The passion for destruction is also a creative passion. Mikhail Bakunin

• meh uselss eaters
    The passion for destruction is also a creative passion. Mikhail Bakunin

• We need to have more insurance companies hold out for a longer time when people go to residential treatment. We canot control who is mentally ill and who isnt but we can help. A big percentage of teens suffer with mental illnesses. We need to spread awarness and be informative about how mental illnesses affect us. We have all these fundraisers for cancer and poverty but not enough we need them for mental ilnesses GET PEOPLE TO STOP AVOIDING 
  • yupeeping777 

You are correct about the lack of good mental health care for our vets.  I too have vets in my family who suffer from some sort of ptsd and medication is not the answer for them.

cowboyfury

Your correct in your assertation that it is something that needs money thrown at.it.  It is a problem thar affects society in so many ways that it doesn't make since that our government isn't putting more money towards treatment of mental health issues.

as for billbbatart and Alabama_Cowboy

Your remarks are not even worth responding to.  

• whatdoyouwantfromme
    It would help if insurance companies were more helpful but mental illness is a lot of time a life time battle and how many insurance companies wouldn't survive the cost of long term residential treatment.

I am not usually a proponent of govermental programs but this is one case in which the government really needs to take a more active role.

They need to start with making more comprhensive mental health obtions for our mentally ill children more available and free or at least affordable. 

I also think there should be more comprehensive mental health given to prisoners with follow up requirements to follow treatment plans as part of thier probation and medication dispenseraries to make sure they are taking thier meds correctly.