Ghosts do not exist - DebateIsland Development Environment The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland Development Environment

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

Ghosts do not exist
in General

By ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 281 Pts
This is something that I would like to believe but currently don't. Try and convince me they do.

1. Live Poll

Do you believe that ghots exist?

8 votes
    1. Yes
      12.50%
    2. No
      87.50%

The unexamined thought is not worth thinking.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Arguments

• Booo!
    ZeusAres42

• Casper the Friendly Ghost is the protagonist of the Famous Studios theatrical animated cartoon series of the same name. He is a pleasant and personable ghost.

Are you convinced that this ghost exists? If not contact Viacom for confirmation.

If that is not enough to convince you, perhaps this will tip the scales...

Have you heard of the The Rolls-Royce Ghost?

The Rolls-Royce Ghost is a British full-size luxury car manufactured by Rolls-Royce Motor Cars. -wiki

In folklore, a ghost (sometimes known as an apparition, haunt, phantom, poltergeist, shade, specter or spectre, spirit, spook, and wraith) is the soul or spirit of a dead person or animal that can appear to the living. -wiki

Their existence is impossible to falsify. -Bunge, Mario. Philosophy of Science: From Problem to Theory. Transaction Publishers; 1998. ISBN 978-1-4128-2423-1. p. 178.
  • MacMac 26 Pts
    @ZeusAres42
    If I'm to go with the presumption that you mean an entity that departs from a lifeform once it is deceased, how does one come to the conclusion that ghosts do or don't exist, as opposed to being open to the possibility either way by means of being provided valid demonstration?
    ZeusAres42
    My agenda is to study the human mind.
  • DeeDee 421 Pts
    edited June 2019
    Well to me anyway the burden of proof is on the one making the claim as in you claim they do not exist , how do you go about demonstrating this for a fact? 

For those who say ghosts exist , my position is I lack a belief in ghosts as in i’ve not  seen evidence that would convince me as to their existence , so likewise the burden of proof is on them to demonstrate such 

ZeusAres42