Death Penalty Should be Abolished - DebateIsland Development Environment The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland Development Environment

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

Death Penalty Should be Abolished
in Politics

By ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 281 Pts
Reasons:
  1. The judicial the system is based on the induction of reason instead of a deduction. Inductive reasoning implies that while the premises might be very strong for a given case there still lies the possibility that the defendant could be innocent. As opposed to the deductive reasoning that would implicate absolute certainty.
  2. Vengeance is not justice.
  3.  The death penalty is not penalization. Once the verdict is no longer living and at peace, they are no longer getting penalized. 
  4. The death penalty does nothing to alleviate the pain and suffering endured by the victims family and friends. If anything, it might just give the illusion of justice and peace.
There are my reasons. Now, your confutation, if any? 

1. Live Poll

Are you for or against the death penalty?

3 votes
    1. For
      100.00%
    2. Against
        0.00%

The unexamined thought is not worth thinking.

Debra AI Prediction

Tie
Predicted
50%
Likely
50%
Unlikely

Details +

SQL ERROR Table 'i2483808_vf2.Comment' doesn't exist
For:

0% (0 Points)

Against:

0% (0 Points)

Votes: 0
Error getting argument count: Table 'i2483808_vf2.Comment' doesn't existError getting vote count: Table 'i2483808_vf2.Comment' doesn't existError getting comment count: Table 'i2483808_vf2.Comment' doesn't exist

Voting Format: Moderate Voting

Rounds: 3

Time Per Round: Blitz - 15 Minutes Per Round

Voting Period: 24 Hours

Round 1

Round 2

Round 3

Voting

Arguments