Is this the appeal to emotion fallacy? - DebateIsland Development Environment The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland Development Environment

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

Is this the appeal to emotion fallacy?
in Politics

Revelation 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Arguments

• edited May 2019
    Your best bet is probably finding out from a credible source on fallacies such as this: https://www.iep.utm.edu/fallacy/#AppealtoEmotions ; - Internet Encylopedia of Philosophy.

I mean you should be able to decide for yourself after reading the example/s.

The unexamined thought is not worth thinking.

• @ZeusAres42 Fair enough. I think it is a fallacy but wanted to bring this up for debate.
    Revelation 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

• Yes. We call them logical fallacies because they don't follow logic. Using an appeal to emotion is by nature illogical.
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 1699 Pts
    This is not just an appeal to emotion fallacy; this is also a factually wrong argument. The children did not die in the name of defending gun rights; they died because they could not defend themselves from the shooter.

It is no secret that every freedom out there will necessarily lead to civilian casualties due to people exercising it the wrong way. The purpose of freedoms is not to preserve every single human life, but to create the environment in which people can thrive.

In North Korea, there are fewer gun deaths than in the US (unless you count the executions, but that is a slightly different matter). Would you prefer living there over living in the US? No? Say thanks to freedom for that.
    ApplesauceAlofRI
  • @WordsMatter Thank you. That is what I used to be guilty of.

• @MayCaesar Agreed.