Internet privacy matters. Change My Mind - DebateIsland Development Environment The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland Development Environment

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

Internet privacy matters. Change My Mind
in Technology

By SipBidSipBid 12 Pts
The government should not have the access to our data. 

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Arguments

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 1699 Pts
    Technically, every time any government employee uses the Internet, they retrieve some private data. Hence the only way to satisfy the condition you want is to cut off all access of the government to the Internet, which seems pretty counter-productive.

Did you mean instead that the government should not be able to force private ISPs to share your data with it without your consent? If so, then I agree.
    piloteer
  • SipBid said:
    The government should not have the access to our data. 
    I agree because you shouldn`t get stalked online as the government may know all your details online. maybe not even the government but some random evil person.
  • Do you want the government to not access the internet? What would they do if they would want to lookup something?
    MayCaesar said:
    Technically, every time any government employee uses the Internet, they retrieve some private data. Hence the only way to satisfy the condition you want is to cut off all access of the government to the Internet, which seems pretty counter-productive.

Did you mean instead that the government should not be able to force private ISPs to share your data with it without your consent? If so, then I agree.

• @SipBid It's often said that knowledge is power, and on some level most people know that this is true. So just give all the information about you away to big corporations and governments because they have never been caught abusing power.