i beleive god fined tuned the solor system. tell me why i am wrong - DebateIsland Development Environment The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland Development Environment

Communities

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

i beleive god fined tuned the solor system. tell me why i am wrong
in Religion

By crossedcrossed 26 Pts
this article says this

Consequently, the moon and sun appear exactly the same size in Earth’s sky—making precise solar eclipses possible

my conclusion

god measured the sun and moon when placing it and as a result of that when you look at it from earth they come out to be the same exact size.

god measured it and placed the sun and moon in the perfect spot so that the sun and moon would be the same size from the viewpoint of earth making solar eclipses possible

god measured everything out perfectly. gods measuring the solar system and placing everything perfect is like how the Egyptians measured out the pyramids and perfectly aligned them with the stars

The Great Pyramids of Giza and Stonehenge seem to be aligned with precision to cardinal points or the positions where the moon, sun or stars

A book i was reading at 11  a few nights ago ." The book of nature" said something that reminded me on how perfectly aligned are solar system is . The book of nature is a book that was written in the 18 century by a  fellow named John Mason.
the book is in the public domain because it is so old. but it says this on page 50. I have not read far so i do not know were he was going with this.

part of page 50

the philosopher beholding now,as the prophet beheld formerly,that the almighty architect has literally
adjusted everything by weight and measured the waters meted out the heavens accurately comprehended the dust of the earth, "weighed he mountains in scales and the hills in a balance

It is basically saying that god took into account stuff like the weight on the leaf and he weight it just enough so it can float around.

It seems he does not claim this anymore because he says "beheld formerly". but this is exactly what god did with the solar system. he literally adjusted it and measured it till everything was in the perfect spot with no flaws. the sun is in the perfect spot if it was  closer or farther  away we would either freeze to death or burn to death. god measured it out. Plus you need to bring into account that the sun is coordinated with the moon. It being this perfect and being created by nothing. Is like if i won the lottery ten billion times. so it is impossible
for nothing to created life.

in the article called

The perfect balance of the solar system

It talks about how perfectly aligned the solar system is.

The sun and moon are perfectly synced. The sun is not to hot or to cold. god measured it till the sun and moon were in the perfect spots. everything is perfectly synced. the article talks about how even the planets could not have formed over a long time but had to be created rapidly

in the article
It so happens our sun provides the perfect conditions. It’s not too small (i.e., too dim or too cool) or too big (producing unfortunate charbroiled results from simply being too hot). Compared to the intense and violent activity seen on other stars, our sun is remarkably even-tempered and well-mannered—it doesn’t flare or pulse like other stars. When solar flares do occur, they are not so violent as to vaporize our oceans…or worse

On the local level, our moon is equally amazing, leading two secular authors to ask, “Who built the Moon?” Knight and Butler state, “The Moon is 400 times smaller than the star at the center of our solar system, yet it is also just 1/400th of the distance between the Earth and the Sun.” Consequently, the moon and sun appear exactly the same size in Earth’s sky—making precise solar eclipses possible. The authors also say, “By some absolutely incomprehensible quirk of nature, the Moon also manages to precisely imitate the perceived annual movements of the Sun each month.
Wow so the sun is something billion miles away and the moon is something million miles away. But if we look at it from earth they come out to be  the same size. the sun is bigger then the moon but because god measured both so when your gazing into the sky from earth . it seems to be the same size.
Consequently, the moon and sun appear exactly the same size in Earth’s sky—making precise solar eclipses possible

. god measured it out perfectly so that from the viewpoint of earth the sun and moon are the same size

Planets Created Rapidly

But even if our neighboring planets somehow formed quickly from accumulating space dust, recently discovered exoplanets (extrasolar planets) have changed secular solar system formation theory.
there scratching there heads at what could have done this.

I will let you in on a secret it was god. They try to claim a super star did it.

There are many factors that would make a star system too hostile for life to even get started, let alone survive for any period long enough to evolve. So what sort of star provides the perfect conditions for a habitable planet elsewhere in the universe?

They are talking about that space should be hostile if nothing created life. So they ask themselves why is it perfectly balanced this should not be the case if nothing created life and they are correct. Nothing did not create life but God did. that's is why it is perfectly balanced not a super star

It talks about how perfectly synced the sun and moon are along with the stars. The chances of the solar system coming from nothing is if i won the lottery one trillion zillion times.  Those odds are impossible thus it must be god who created life. God would have fined tuned everything . a bunch of nothing would not have.

this is the link to the book of nature

God created the moon round and the sun round.

God created the sun round to go with the round moon.

This is like if i got a heart shaped chair to go with a heart shaped table.

Or if i get a casaba melon to go with the red water melon.

Or if i have red guppy fish so i get a red molly fish to go with it.

god created the earth round to go with the round planets

what are the chances that the moon the sun the earth other planets would all be almost perfect circles

god created them  all round so they would go together and it would be weird if they all look all deformed

if life was created by nothing these would look like this

nothing can not make something so perfect

PlaffelvohfenZombieguy1987

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Arguments

• DeeDee 421 Pts
    Your argument is totally fallacious and in this particular case your fallacy is called the lottery fallacy , suppose you buy one lottery ticket and there are 20 million lottery tickets bought by others yet you win , do you then assume some god intervened on your behalf to make sure you won? If not why not? 
    AlexOland
  • AlexOlandAlexOland 269 Pts
    edited July 2019
    "what are the chances that the moon the sun the earth other planets would all be almost perfect circles"

This single line proves that you have no understanding of physics. So I think it is pretty normal for your understanding of the universe to be something like that. My suggestion is that you should start to learn about these things. Instead of presenting them as "proofs", ask questions about them. I think a lot of people will be more tolerant of someone who just does not know and wants to learn. 

Or... you might just be trolling. 
    Dee
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 1699 Pts
    There are relatively easily accessible computer simulations out there where you can set up a completely chaotic environment in a large volume of space, let it evolve naturally for a few billion years - and you will receive a picture of the galaxy and the solar systems in it that is strikingly similar to what we observe around us.

Nothing is fine-tuned, it is just a product of over 10 billion years of evolution: things come to a relative equilibrium eventually. The near-circular planetary orbits, for example, are a natural outcome of the evolution of a multi-body system, and it could not be any different, unless some unexpected events were involved.

Finally, you see these things as "perfect" because humans naturally evolved in a way allowing them to best exploit the fruits of nature - so for us, indeed, many things in the nature are close to perfect. Only they are perfect not because someone made them so, but because we evolved in a way that naturally made us perceive them as perfect.
    Objectively speaking, there is nothing "perfect" in a near-circular planetary orbit. Even more so, the concept of a "circle" is our invention. Nature does not care about "circles", it is just what it is.
    AlexOlandZombieguy1987
  • I don't think you are getting the gravity of this one argument.

my conclusion

god measured the sun and moon when placing it and as a result of that when you look at it from earth they come out to be the same exact size.

God literally measured out the sun and moon so that they would appear from the earth sky to be exactly the same size. making stuff like solar eclipses possible. god placed the sun a couple billion miles away from the earth and the moon something million miles and measured out how far he would need to place them so they would come to be the exactly the same size from earth viewpoint.

a precise solar eclipse is when the sun perfectly covers the moon

this is an example to help you try to see sort of measurements god had to have used. we are doing math

I am standing 20 feet away from a banana and an apple. The banana is 8 inch long and the apple is 5 inches long. The banana appears to be 10 cm long from where i am standing and the apple appears to be 8 cm long from where i am standing. I want both the banana and apple to appear to be exactly 5 cm from where i am standing.

So i bring the banana and apple 1 foot forward and now the banana and apple are 19 feet away.  The banana appears to be 9 cm long and the apple appears to be 7 cm  long. I want them both to be exactly 5 cm long so i bring the apple and banana up another foot. Now the banana and apple are 18 feet away and the banana is 8 cm long  and the apple is 6 cm long. that is still not 5 cm.  So i bring them both up 1 foot up and now the banana and apple are 17 feet away and the banana is 7 cm long and the apple is 5 cm. 5 cm is the size i wanted them both to be. So i keep the apple at 17 feet away. Which from my viewpoint  is exactly 5 cm long. The banana has a way to go so i bring the banana up 2 feet  the banana is now 15 feet away and is 5 cm long and is the exact size i wanted it to be.

In this example I measured the banana and apple so that they would  both appear to be an exact 5cm from where i was standing. The banana is 8 inch long and 15 feet away. But were i am standing is appears to be 5 cm. the apple is 5 inches long and is 17 feet away and from my point of view is 5 cm long.

I measured the banana and apple and placed them so they would be the exact same size from my viewpoint

God measured the Sun and Moon so they would both appear to be the exact same size from the viewpoint earth. He would have had to use same measuring technique i used but without the trial and error.

God placed the sun something billion miles away and from the viewpoint of earth appears to be 500. Note not real numbers

god placed the moon something million miles away and from the viewpoint of earth comes out to be 500. Again not real numbers

he put it in the perfect spot.

Which makes the sun and moon the same size which makes it possible for one to completely cover the other with no flaws. There not to much sun or to little sun is completely folds over it perfectly. The reason why the sun covers the moon completely is because from earth there the same size.

God would have had to solve a stupid math problem

i can word it just like my old math home work questions

word problem not real numbers

God want the sun and moon to appear to be 10 feet from the viewpoint of earth.  The sun is 1244445 feet long and the moon is 14355 feet long. How far away would god have to place the sun and moon away from the earth in order for both of them to appear exactly 10 feet from the viewpoint of earth.

answer

God would have to set the sun something billion miles. in order for the sun to appear to be 10 feet in size from the viewpoint of earth

god would have to set the moon something million miles in order for it to appear to be ten feet from the viewpoint of the earth

the sun completely covers the moon in a solar eclipse with not to much or to little. which means there the exact same size.

dee said
    Your argument is totally fallacious and in this particular case your fallacy is called the lottery fallacy , suppose you buy one lottery ticket and there are 20 million lottery tickets bought by others yet you win , do you then assume some god intervened on your behalf to make sure you won? If not why not? 
    What i am saying that it is impossible for life to come out of nothing. Even if i won 1 time in my example, i said is like if i won the lottery a zillion trillion times. and ya if i won the lottery i would be praising god. if i won the lottery one zillion times then i have sold my soul to the devil. i am not going to win a zillion times the chance of that happening is zero because there is not a zillion lottery's.

"what are the chances that the moon the sun the earth other planets would all be almost perfect circles"

This single line proves that you have no understanding of physics. So I think it is pretty normal for your understanding of the universe to be something like that. My suggestion is that you should start to learn about these things. Instead of presenting them as "proofs", ask questions about them. I think a lot of people will be more tolerant of someone who just does not know and wants to learn. 

Or... you might just be trolling. 

i said almost perfect circles because i have an understanding of physics. if i did not know anything i would say perfect circles because just look at a picture of them. THEY ARE CIRCLES.

may Cesar
    There are relatively easily accessible computer simulations out there where you can set up a completely chaotic environment in a large volume of space, let it evolve naturally for a few billion years - and you will receive a picture of the galaxy and the solar systems in it that is strikingly similar to what we observe around us.

Nothing is fine-tuned, it is just a product of over 10 billion years of evolution: things come to a relative equilibrium eventually. The near-circular planetary orbits, for example, are a natural outcome of the evolution of a multi-body system, and it could not be any different, unless some unexpected events were involved.

Finally, you see these things as "perfect" because humans naturally evolved in a way allowing them to best exploit the fruits of nature - so for us, indeed, many things in the nature are close to perfect. Only they are perfect not because someone made them so, but because we evolved in a way that naturally made us perceive them as perfect.
    Objectively speaking, there is nothing "perfect" in a near-circular planetary orbit. Even more so, the concept of a "circle" is our invention. Nature does not care about "circles", it is just what it is.

from the article i pointed out that an evolution scientist said that space was to hostile for evolution to start.

the evolution scientist said

There are many factors that would make a star system too hostile for life to even get started, let alone survive for any period long enough to evolve. So what sort of star provides the perfect conditions for a habitable planet elsewhere in the universe?
    everything is fined tuned unless you can disprove all the measuring stuff.

you are perfectly right here

nature does not care about circles. so what the hell is this

you are right a bunch of nothing would not make circles. there are 9 near perfect circles. for nothing to create an almost near circle is impossible it is like winning the lottery twice in a row. there 9 circles here so a bunch of nothing won the lottery 18 times.

• DeeDee 421 Pts
    edited July 2019
    @crossed

You say ......What i am saying that it is impossible for life to come out of nothing.

My reply ..The assumption that everything has to have been caused by something else might be incorrect. How does anyone know this? Maybe some things are infinite and uncaused. But, if believers are right and "everything" requires a cause, then that means something or someone must have "caused" their gods as well. You can't have it both ways. If, however, they say that there is an exception to the rule and their gods can exist without anything having caused them, then so can the Universe

You say a lot of things without proofs. How is it impossible? Who created your god?

You say .......Even if i won 1 time in my example, i said is like if i won the lottery a zillion trillion times. and ya if i won the lottery i would be praising god. 

My reply .......Which god would you praise? 

You say ......If i won the lottery one zillion times then i have sold my soul to the devil. i am not going to win a zillion times the chance of that happening is zero because there is not a zillion lottery's.

My reply ......Who created the devil? How do you know the devil didn’t create the Universe?
  • @crossed

"i said almost perfect circles because i have an understanding of physics. if i did not know anything i would say perfect circles because just look at a picture of them. THEY ARE CIRCLES. "

That is not what I meant... have you ever tried asking anyone WHY they are circles? I am really surprised as to how you do not know of this but there is this thing called "gravity".
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 1699 Pts
    @crossed

Sure, but if you have billions galaxies with billions solar systems in each of them, then chances are quite a number of them will be tuned exactly as needed for abiogenesis to occur. 

Furthermore, we do not know very well what conditions are necessary for abiogenesis to occur; we know the sufficient conditions, but the space of the necessary conditions can be much wider. It is possible, in fact, that virtually every solar system will eventually develop life in some form, we just are not knowledgeable enough to even conceive of the possibility of some of those forms.
  • crossedcrossed 26 Pts
    edited July 2019
    MayCaesar
    Sure, but if you have billions galaxies with billions solar systems in each of them, then chances are quite a number of them will be tuned exactly as needed for abiogenesis to occur. 

Furthermore, we do not know very well what conditions are necessary for abiogenesis to occur; we know the sufficient conditions, but the space of the necessary conditions can be much wider. It is possible, in fact, that virtually every solar system will eventually develop life in some form, we just are not knowledgeable enough to even conceive of the possibility of some of those forms.

this stuff is more then fined tuned he measured some of this crud out when placing it

I don't think you are getting the gravity of this one argument.

my conclusion

the sun and moon are the exact same size from the viewpoint of earth. as a result of this perfect solar eclipses are possible

for this to happen god would have had to measure the sun and moon when placing him

these are not real numbers i have no idea how big the sun and moon are but i needed numbers to show what kind of measuring god did.

the sun is 10 billion feet long and  10 billion miles from earth. The sun appears to be around 7 billion feet long from the viewpoint of earth. I want the sun and moon to be a perfect 3 billion feet long from the viewpoint of earth.

The moon is 7 billion feet long and is 10 billion miles from earth. From earths viewpoint the moon appears to be 5 billion feet long . i want the moon to  be 3 billion feet long from the viewpoint of earth

i need to place the sun and moon where they are both 3 billion feet long from the viewpoint of earth.

how god would have had to measured the sun. not real numbers and god would have not needed to do trail and error like me.

the sun right now is 10 billion miles from earth and from the viewpoint of earth is 7 billion feet long.

I want the sun to be 3 billion feet long from the viewpoint of earth.
    So  i bring the sun up 2  billion miles and as a result of that the  sun appears to be 5 billion feet long from the viewpoint of earth and is 12 billion miles from earth.
     that is still not the the size i want the sun to be from the viewpoint of earth right now it is 5 billion feet long i want it to be 3 billion feet long. So i need to bring it up some more.
     so i  bring the the sun up another 2 billion feet. now the sun is 14 billion miles from earth and from the viewpoint of earth the sun appears to be 3 billion feet long.
    3 billion feet long is the size i wanted it so i keep it there and consider my measuring done.

I placed the sun 14 billion miles away from earth so from the viewpoint of earth the sun would appear to be 3 billion feet long. i did this via measuring and trail and error but god would not have needed trial and error

I want the moon to appear to be 3 billion feet long from the viewpoint of earth to.
    right now the moon is 10 billion miles from earth and from the viewpoint of earth the sun appears to be 5 billion feet  long.
    So i move the moon up 2 billion miles now the moon is 12 billion miles and from the viewpoint of earth appears to be 3 billion feet long.
    3 billion feet long i show big i wanted it so i keep it there.

i measured the sun out and placed it at 14 billion miles and because i wanted  the sun appears to be 3 billion feet long from the viewpoint of earth

i measured the Moon out and placed it 12 billion miles and because i measured it the moon appears to be 3 billion feet long from the viewpoint of earth.

though i do not know the numbers god used.  god measured the sun and moon when placing them so they would be the same size from the viewpoint of earth.

god would have had to measure them out like this but without the trail and error. he is god.

the sun and moon are the exact same size from the viewpoint of earth. so god measured it out just like i did up above

and for the alien thing.

It is possible, in fact, that virtually every solar system will eventually develop life in some form, we just are not knowledgeable enough to even conceive of the possibility of some of those forms.

the talking point that space is so huge why would we  be the only life forms. This can only be true if the equally matched talking point "how can life just happen out of nowhere. How can nothing create life" is wrong.

because if life did not start here by accident then life is not going to start over there by accident. life is created by god. so since life did not start here by accident. life is not going to start on another planet with aliens on it.

i recommend you watch one of the you-tubers who covers the false alien invasion that seems to be going to happen. it will give you a good weekend. i forget who said this but it is believed the only way all the nations would team up is if we were attacked by aliens. so the free masons and the Illuminati are going to plan a false alien invasion in order to unite the world and bring the new world order. plus an alien abduction would be a good explanation for the rapture. my dad brought that up.

Alexoakland said
    That is not what I meant... have you ever tried asking anyone WHY they are circles? I am really surprised as to how you do not know of this but there is this thing called "gravity".

it is still a huge coincidence that the planets are all round.  theirs a few holes in this. Why is it only the planets in which gravity effects all sides and makes it perfect circles. Why are the meteors smashed down and made into perfect circles. if there is a gravitational Poul across surrounding this entire planets and it is pushing everything into being a circle. why are the trees and us are not being crushed down by it. since gravity is mashing this planet together into a perfect circle surly we would be mashed together with it

https://spaceplace.nasa.gov/planets-round/en/

Dee

My reply ......Who created the devil? How do you know the devil didn’t create the Universe?
    because the devil is trying to make everyone believe that believing in Jesus is like believing in Santa. Satan has succeeded in this. the greatest trick that Satan ever did was convincing the world he never existed

Santa is just Satan rearranged

Satan and Santa are both red colored. Satan is depicted as pure red with horns
    santa wears red.

santa clause last name is claws

almost all the haunted houses in old tales are mansions. why are almost all the haunted  houses mansions.
    it seems only rich people get haunted. why is that is it because these people got rich by selling there soul to the devil and as a result of that they got haunted.

dee said

You say ......What i am saying that it is impossible for life to come out of nothing.

the guy who wrote the book of nature would have had a stroke that you guys believe that the universe came from an explosion from nothing. aka the big bang theory.because he keep talking about in the book about how absurd the bible is for saying god created life from nothing. god voice thunders when he speaks so maybe he said let there be a planet and a huge explosion happened and then there was a planet

dee said
    You say a lot of things without proofs. How is it impossible? Who created your god?
    idk all i have proof for is god created life.

the apple when consumed feeds the good bacteria and not the bad. that is intelligence

sweet flag roots go up into the brain and fixes the part of your brain that deals with stuttering. that is intelligence

turmeric roots create new stem cells. that is intelligence.and revitalize neurons

are appendix attacks bad germs but is a safe house for good germs. that is intelligence

now i do not believe that the apple is an intelligent life form.

we call are retarded people vegetables for Pete sake.

But i believe are Creator is intelligent

i believe god designed the apples to feed the good bacteria and not the bad.  because he had knowledge that good bacteria is good and bad bacteria is bad

I believe it was god who designed sweet flag roots to go up into the brain and fix the part of the brain that deals with stuttering. He would have had to have knowledge of the brain in order to traverse it like that and would have to have knowledge on how to heal it in order to help the brain.

you get the point etc

i am tired of writing so i going to take a small break.

AlexOlandPlaffelvohfen
    edited July 2019
    @crossed "it is still a huge coincidence that the planets are all round.  theirs a few holes in this. Why is it only the planets in which gravity effects all sides and makes it perfect circles. Why are the meteors smashed down and made into perfect circles. if there is a gravitational Poul across surrounding this entire planets and it is pushing everything into being a circle. why are the trees and us are not being crushed down by it. since gravity is mashing this planet together into a perfect circle surly we would be mashed together with it"

Some things are not big enough to be mashed into a sphere under their own gravity. 

Proof that you made no research: https://www.britannica.com/story/why-are-planets-round
     Literally the first result when you search "why are planets round"
    edited July 2019
    "why are the trees and us are not being crushed down by it" a more logical question addressing the problem you think exists, would be asking why there are mountains.

Now, think. A small thing does not have enough gravity to be circular. Therefore things should get more circular as their gravity increases. Meaning as things get heavier they gradually get more circular. Emphasis on "gradually". There isn't a line where if you cross it you instantly become a perfect circle. 

So the reason why there are mountains is because earth's gravity is not enough to make it a perfect circle. 
  • DeeDee 421 Pts
    edited July 2019
    @crossed

You have answered nothing but merely asserted  several things with zero evidence for each and every one of your claims, I honestly think you’re trolling at this stage or else you’re a mere child  because a lot of what you state is childish immature nonsense