God does not exist. Prove me wrong. - DebateIsland Development Environment The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland Development Environment

Communities

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

God does not exist. Prove me wrong.
in Philosophy

By RS_masterRS_master 23 Pts
Since the age of 5 I was asking does god exist? They kept saying yes and who created science? I said Who created god? no reply.
About Persuade Me

Persuaded Arguments

• NeopesdomNeopesdom 31 Pts
    Winning Argument ✓
    @RS_master ;Since the age of 5 I was asking does god exist? They kept saying yes and who created science? I said Who created god? no reply.

In christianity we live by faith, not by proof. 

Now faith is [the] substantiating of things hoped for, [the] conviction of things not seen. (Heb 11:1)

"For in this hope we were saved; but hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he can already see?"  (Romans 8:24)

hope
    ἐλπίδι (elpidi)
    Noun - Dative Feminine Singular
    Strong's Greek 1680:  Hope, expectation, trust, confidence. From a primary elpo; expectation or confidence.

God is not looking to prove Himself to you. Can you think of a reason why that would be the case?
  • TKDBTKDB 187 Pts
    Winning Argument ✓
    Being that this is the internet, you're going to get two types of answers;

The anti religious point of view answer.

And the religious point of view answer.

Religion based questions, are just as popular as the political based questions are.

God exists, Jesus exists, the Bible exists, and the religious buildings exists.

And millions of people around the globe, go to a mass, or a religious service weekly, of all ages.

I view the question, from the existence of those happenings.

Because unless an anti religious person has a time machine, and can go back to the time when Jesus walked the face of this earth, and can say conclusively with their own eyes, that they didn't see him, with the help of that time machine?

Then the religious answer, is just as good, as the, anti religious answer is.
    Zombieguy1987

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Arguments

• DeeDee 421 Pts
    You have effectively laid the burden of proof on yourself by making the affirmative claim it’s up to you to prove there is no god. The opposite is also true when a believer claims there is a god the burden lies squarely with him /her to prove the veracity of the statement 
    Plaffelvohfen