Should Pot be legalized in the US? - DebateIsland Development Environment The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland Development Environment

Communities

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

Should Pot be legalized in the US?
in United States

By agsragsr 851 Pts
There are arguments for it boh ways. Clearly there are many health, society, and believes issues.
At the same time, there is a hugh black market and crime around drugs that would be resolved.
hurelean
  1. Live Poll

Should Pot be legalized in the US?

13 votes
    1. Yes
      46.15%
    2. No
      53.85%
Live Long and Prosper

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Arguments

• Yes, as a matter of fact, the government should not intervene.
    EmeryPearson
  • @johnr_27, The danger of that position is that it would have broad impact to our society.  People driving, working while stoned.  Long term health risks, just to name a few.
    EmeryPearsonGeorge_Horse
    WhyTrump - a good question
  • I think it should.  While there are pros amd cons, I agree that a large benefit will be eliminating the black market
    agsrEmeryPearsonGeorge_Horse
  • I agree with @whyTrump , it could have negative effects on health and people's safety.
    EmeryPearsonGeorge_Horse
  • Legalizing pot has not been a big item on Trump's agenda.
    hureleanEmeryPearsonGeorge_Horse
    Live Long and Prosper
  • It's not an issue, that's why it's not on the agenda.
    EmeryPearsonGeorge_Horse
  • Another drug on the market? Absolutely not. I believe Medical Marijuana should remain legal, while marijuana for recreational use should remain illegal. Its not good, it would be worse adding this to alcohol. 
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? " ~Epicurus

"Americanism not Globalism, will be our credo." ~Donald Trump

"A communist is like a crocodile" ~Winston Churchill