Will StarTrek Hologram become a reality in the next 50 years? - DebateIsland Development Environment The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland Development Environment

Communities

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

Will StarTrek Hologram become a reality in the next 50 years?
in TV SHOWS

By agsragsr 851 Pts
Would Technology over the next 50 years make StarTrek Hologram a reality? I mean not just elements of it, but the entire end to end experience where we can experience a like like simulation without being able to actually tell a Hologram vs real life apart?
http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Hologram
someone234
  1. Live Poll

Will StarTrek Hologram become a reality in the next 50 years?

5 votes
    1. Yes
      60.00%
    2. No
      40.00%
Live Long and Prosper

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Arguments

• LogicLogic 254 Pts
    I doubt that.
  • inc4tinc4t 184 Pts
    With incredible advances in technology we are at a point of tremendous progress.  With advances in virtual reality, cognitive computing,  I believe that virtual worlds would become much more real in 50 years.

lets think about 1967 vs now - we have technology that would really seem like Science Fiction back then.  The accelerated pace of innovation over the next 50 years will be even more than past 50 - I am totally convinced that it will be possible. I would say 30-50 years though.
    agsr
  • It depends on how you define hologram. It is impossible to create matter out of nothing and make it disappear. However, we could possibly stimulate experiences in people's minds.
  • @anonymousdebater, perceived reality. As long as it provides an all immersive experience like in Startrek
    Live Long and Prosper
  • Aliens regularly do this. Keep laughing at me. Answer is yes.