Is Amazon Echo Show a privacy nightmare? - DebateIsland Development Environment The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland Development Environment

In this Debate

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

Is Amazon Echo Show a privacy nightmare?
in Products

By inc4tinc4t 184 Pts
Amazon launched a new Echo video touchscreen product - $230.
https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2017/5/9/15590978/amazon-echo-show-touchscreen-price-release-date

is it worth it or an expensive privacy violation trap?
  1. Live Poll

Is Amazon Echo Show a privacy nightmare?

3 votes
    1. Yes - it is a privacy issue and not worth the money
      100.00%
    2. No - it is great and worth the money
        0.00%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Arguments

• That makes it even worse than the other audio based echo device. Now if someone hacks it, which I bet is pretty easy, they will also be watching.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible
    - Walt Disney
  • It maybe a great gadget, and it maybe conceivable to pay $230 for it.  My biggest issue is privacy concern. It is now possible that someone maybe listening to you and watching you 24/7 without you knowing.  
    In some ways, the device is really cool, but I am not going for it ot other alexa-like devices due to privacy concerns.

see related debate on alexa privacy issues.

http://dev1.debateisland.com/discussion/540/should-amazon-share-alexa-data-with-law-enforcement-agencies-to-solve-crimes
    Live Long and Prosper