Is Kobe beef worth it? - DebateIsland Development Environment The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland Development Environment

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

Is Kobe beef worth it?
in General

By islander507islander507 191 Pts
  1. Live Poll

Is Kobe beef worth it?

3 votes
    1. Yes
      33.33%
    2. No
      66.67%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Arguments

• Its worth whatever someone is willing to pay, much like beef.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2013/may/03/turn-pork-meat-into-beef-video

Sure the preservatives are likely to cause cancer if enough is consumed, but that's the price people are willing to pay

• I had kobe beef, and it's more of a status thing. I couldn't justify such a high price based on taste along.

@CYDdharta , your link doesn't really apply to kobe, but is really scary what some Chinese manufacturers ate doing to turn unwated pork parts to beef stew.  Maybe I will remove Chinese restaurants from my list after watching that video :)

Live Long and Prosper
  • :) I think that's only going on in China.

The point is, whatever the market will bear; and if not, substitutes will be found.