Is it right for all female college to admit transgender dudes? - DebateIsland Development Environment The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland Development Environment

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

Is it right for all female college to admit transgender dudes?
in United States

By WhyTrumpWhyTrump 231 Pts

The First Women’s College To Admit Transgender Dudes Has Now Declared A Financial Emergency

Logicstatesjoderon_17
  1. Live Poll

Is it right for all female college to admit transgender dudes?

7 votes
    1. Yes
        0.00%
    2. No
      100.00%
WhyTrump - a good question

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Arguments

• LogicLogic 254 Pts
    I think either way men will be men, Women will be women.  The only change is the sexual orientation.
    northsouthkorea
  • I agree with @logic , men may have some sort of sexual feelings for the opposite sex even if they are trasngender. Also, being transgender doesn't make a person gay.
  • I think that it wasn't fair to all female students to have these "dudes" admitted without their consent. After all, they went there because it was an all girl school.  We are so worried about feelings of the few, that we are willing to make so many people uncomfortable.  
    CuriousGeorge
  • @love2debate, great point. That's not what these women signed up for.
    statesjoderon_17
  • No, it's simialar to admitting gays.
  • I think a college being "all female" is not right in the first place. Next to such apparent discrimination and disregard with pure academic merit, the question on whether transgender people should be admitted seems pretty irrelevant. One major wrong is done; one minor, whether wrong or right, will not change the status quo significantly.

As far as my opinion goes, I would say that whether it is right depends on the philosophy behind the college's choice to only admit women. If it is a continuation of some old tradition, then it probably would not be right, because historically transgender people were not considered the gender they identified as. On the other hand, if it is a strange view on equality ("all genders are equal, so all genders should have that gender-only colleges available"), then I would say it is right.