Will WestWorld HBO technology be in place in the next decade? - DebateIsland Development Environment The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland Development Environment

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

Will WestWorld HBO technology be in place in the next decade?
in TV SHOWS

By agsragsr 851 Pts
Within a decade humans will be interacting with lifelike emotionally-responsive AI robots, very similar to the premise of the the HBO hit series Westworld, said Sagar.

The man who built a virtual nervous system explains how humans will interact with machines in ten years

• Mark Sagar invented a virtual nervous system that powers autonomous animated avatars.
  • He is best known for developing Baby X, a virtual infant that learns through experience. 
  • Sagar says people will learn how to work cooperatively with AI powered robots.
  1. Live Poll

Will WestWorld HBO technology be in place in the next decade?

4 votes
    1. Yes
      25.00%
    2. No
      75.00%
Live Long and Prosper

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Arguments

• I don't think in the next decade. There could be quasi-functional prototypes, but nothing mass-produced on the scale of Westworld.
  • @melanielust, I agree that while we will see great prototypes, the scale of WestWorld is atleast 50 years away.
    Live Long and Prosper
  • edited May 2017
    LOL, I think people have been predicting Westworld tech to become mainstream since it came out in 1973.
    kmelkevolution17
  • I agree with @cydharta .
  • @CYDdharta, what seemed like far fetched future in 1973 is within reach in 2020.  The pace of technology advancement has been incredibly and accelerating.