The (paying) customer is always right. - DebateIsland Development Environment The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland Development Environment

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

The (paying) customer is always right.
in Work Place

For or Against, please share your views.
lexman
  1. Live Poll

The (paying) customer is always right.

5 votes
    1. Absolutely
      20.00%
    2. Never
      20.00%
    3. Maybe
      60.00%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Arguments

• The customer is never right but the client is worth lying to.

Get the idea?
  • Great topic. I'd say that customer service is important, and customers always deserve to be treated with respect.  If customer isn't right then they deserve to be told that respectfully.  Mutual respect is what customers should expect for a longstanding relationship.
  • @someone234 Thank you. Perhaps you would like to clarify the distinction you made between a "client" and "customer"?
  • @lexman Thank you. I have to agree with you about the expectation of mutual respect. However, paying customers more often than not perceive themselves as the superior party. Due to the reasoning that: because I pay, you owe me the service. 
  • @AlfredChan a customer implies an emotionally sensitive being that you need to serve kindly and be polite to.

A client is a tool that happens to be a human being that you use and squeeze for as much cash as they'll pay you.

They are both the same entity in the situation you describe but how you see them is different.

Why prove the client wrong; they will pay you as little as they can and spread a bad word about you, this is simply bad for your profit margin.
    BaconToes
  • @someone234
    Thank you for the clarification.
    I believe it depends on the client/customer; whether we are talking about clients/customers who we have retained over a long duration or whom have just started using our service. 
    Clients/customers who we have retained loyally are generally less inclined to "spread bad word about you".
    They have been successfully retained usually because communication between client and vendor has been well developed. 
    And this brings me to my next point that communication also plays a large role when considering proving a client/customer wrong.

If clear, polite communication has been used to convey the error of the client/customer, disgruntlement is unlikely to happen.
    However, based on my experience, not every client/customer will approach situations in a level-headed manner.
    As such, even if the client/customer becomes disgruntled and dissatisfied, the vendor should temporarily stop pursuing the proof of error. 
    I'm sure that there are many more examples available for dealing with (if I may be so blunt) such situations.