Is proposed NY after office hours email ban a good idea? - DebateIsland Development Environment The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland Development Environment

Communities

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

Is proposed NY after office hours email ban a good idea?
in Work Place

By agsragsr 851 Pts

https://nypost.com/2018/03/20/bill-could-ban-bosses-from-contacting-employees-after-work/

While has good intentions, I personally can't imagine how it can be sustainable for many indistries such as technology.  It will make many Businesses uncompetitive and would make NY an unattractive place to operate in many ways.
aarongrandalpassedbill
  1. Live Poll

Is proposed NY after office hours email ban a good idea?

9 votes
    1. Yes
        0.00%
    2. No
      100.00%
Live Long and Prosper

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Arguments

• Only America, or a state within America would make such a stupid law.

Seriously, only America.
  • No, but I don’t believe that the bull would be passed due to it potentially resulting in a smaller amount of businesses positioning themselves in NYC.
    agsr
  • I don’t belive that the bill would be passed due to it causing un productivity potentially.
    agsr

Seriously, only America.
    only in a liberal state I think it what you meant, it's no surprise that NY would even attempt such a law, California would probably copy their law as well.  this would already be illegal for hourly wage workers, if you are salary that's different, it's what you signed up for.
    "I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
    Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"
    The Animals
  • @Applesauce Oh no, conservative states have made very stupid laws such as anti gay marriage amongst many.

Seriously, only America.
    only in a liberal state I think it what you meant, it's no surprise that NY would even attempt such a law, California would probably copy their law as well.  this would already be illegal for hourly wage workers, if you are salary that's different, it's what you signed up for.
    Ah maybe I see your point. This is uniquely stupid and only such a state as NY could make it ok fair enough, perhaps they are stupid after all Trump came from there. Then again NY resisted it coming to fruition so perhaps it isn't that stupid after all.
    BaconToes
  • @someone234

if you examine, other laws and the way the state has been ran it might shed more light on the state itself,  i lived in it for over 30 years, not that I know everything, just my experiences.  I mean a guy got choked to death 'accidentally" because they wanted to arrest him for selling individual cigarettes.  only my opinion, but give what I know and have experience, NY state is one of the more oppressive states you could live in.  Again getting back to the o.p. they bully people with "laws"
    someone234
    "I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
    Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"
    The Animals
  • @Applesauce Until we have anarchy, tyranny will reign.