Bill Potts Doctor Who - spice things up for male viewers? - DebateIsland Development Environment The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland Development Environment

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

Bill Potts Doctor Who - spice things up for male viewers?
in TV SHOWS

By inc4tinc4t 184 Pts edited April 2017
The first ever Doctor Who Lesbian assistant added to Doctor Who, but why?
Was it for male viewers , as we have seen in the opening season episode?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/3341997/doctor-who-feminist-campaigner-gay-assistant-bill-potts-girl-on-girl-titillation-male-viewers/
  1. Live Poll

Bill Potts Doctor Who - spice things up for male viewers enjoying girl on girl?

4 votes
    1. Yes
      75.00%
    2. No
      25.00%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Arguments

• That was deliberate. I am not sure that I found Bill Potts attractive, but it is interesting that Doctor Who is now introducing LGBT into the mix to appeal to male audience.  That hand holding scene towards the end definitely implied a sexual connection and they may choose to further develop that theme, while keeping it PG13.
    in prior Doctor assistants the assistant often has a relationship (boyfriend, etc) and that can be consistent with that theme between Potts and the Water-girl.
  • Yes, it's a little bit spiced up.