The Jussie Smollet Attack: Real or Hoax? - DebateIsland Development Environment The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland Development Environment

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

The Jussie Smollet Attack: Real or Hoax?
in News

Position: Against
As we are all aware, a couple weeks ago, Jussie Smollet of the acclaimed "Empire" TV show was allegedly attacked by two people whom he claimed were white and were wearing MAGA hats. The alleged attack took place at 2 AM in the morning in Chicago and he claims the two people attacked him, yelled racial slurs at him, and tied a rope around his neck as he was leaving a Subway shop.

I believe this story to be false not just for reasons that I will bring up in the debate, but also because the whole story raises more questions than it answers. It seems to me that Smollet was just seeking for a way to garner national attention. Not to mention the fact that he is an anti-Trump celebrity. But that is my opinion. My opponent would need to convince me otherwise.

Rules:
Remain civil through the debate.
Only accept if you can see the debate through.

I look forward to my opponents first thoughts in this debate.
  1. Live Poll

Do you believe the attack was real?

2 votes
    1. Yes
        0.00%
    2. No
      100.00%
    3. I'm not sure
        0.00%

Debra AI Prediction

Tie
Predicted
50%
Likely
50%
Unlikely

Details +

SQL ERROR Table 'i2483808_vf2.Comment' doesn't existError getting name of the opponent: Table 'i2483808_vf2.User' doesn't existError getting argument count: Table 'i2483808_vf2.Comment' doesn't existError getting vote count: Table 'i2483808_vf2.Comment' doesn't existError getting comment count: Table 'i2483808_vf2.Comment' doesn't exist

Debate Type: Lincoln-Douglas Debate

Voting Format: Casual Voting

Opponent:

Time Per Round: 48 Hours Per Round

Voting Period: 72 Hours

Forfeited

Arguments

• Affirmative Constructive | Position: For
    I don’t believe this attack to be true for three reasons and ill get all of them.
    1) He was allegedly attacked in an area with more cameras than were at SOTU so I don’t see how it wasn’t caught on tape
    2) I’m pretty damn sure that if there are any white supremacists in Chicago (come on guys really?) that they wouldn’t roam around wearing MAGA hats and carrying bleach and ropes. That’s how people get shot.
    3) Even if the attackers did as mentioned above, I’m sure they wouldn’t watch Empire to know that he was gay.
    Sovereignty for Kekistan
  • Cross Examination - Affirmative | Position: Against
    @AmericanFurryBoyThank you for replying. However I was looking for someone to argue that this was not a fake attack. But yes, I will agree with you that there are too many fallacies with this story for it to be true.