Who invented toilet? - DebateIsland Development Environment The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland Development Environment

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

Who invented toilet?
in History

By love2debatelove2debate 182 Pts
It’s an open debate: Who invented the modern toilet? Apocrypha holds that it was Thomas Crapper, a nineteenth-century English plumber, but the real story actually begins much earlier. In the West, while his technology was never commercialized, credit is now given to Sir John Harington, who invented a water closet in 1596 for his godmother, Queen Elizabeth I. In the East, innovation stretches back much further. Archaeologists recently unearthed a Han dynasty latrine dating to 206 BC. Complete with a running water supply, stone bowl, and an armrest, this 2,400-year-old Chinese technology looks downright modern. 
Source: Abundance, future is better than you think

aarong
  1. Live Poll

who invented toilet?

5 votes
    1. Thomas Crapper
      20.00%
    2. Sir John Harington
      40.00%
    3. 2400-year old Chinese technology
      40.00%
    4. Other
        0.00%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Arguments

• inc4tinc4t 184 Pts
    Sir John Harington for Queen Elizabeth I.  The other 2400 old Chinese example might have introduced visual design but I didn't think there was prove of actual plumbing 
  • Thomas created the toilet. I think the ones before that were more like outhouses, and don't count.