Was Facebook right to shut down right leaning employee chat room? - DebateIsland Development Environment The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland Development Environment

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

Was Facebook right to shut down right leaning employee chat room?
in United States

By agsragsr 851 Pts

Facebook shut down conservative-leaning employee chat room, report says

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2017/08/16/facebook-shut-down-conservative-leaning-employee-chat-room-report-says.html
Facebook shut down an online chat room for employees to speak anonymously last year -- after right-leaning discussion about the 2016 election turned heated and alarmed company management, according to a report on Wednesday.
CEO Mark Zuckerberg shut the group down a month after the election and claimed employees used it to harass people, the news outlet added.
therep
  1. Live Poll

?

4 votes
    1. Yes
      25.00%
    2. No
      75.00%
Live Long and Prosper

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Arguments

• edited August 2017
    While they're allowed to do, It was a terrible decision and proves facebook is becoming an echo chamber. Facebook was already caught banning people and pages just having right-wing opinions and censoring them. 
    therep
    Retired DebateIslander. I no longer come here actively, and many of the things that I may have posted in the past (Such as belief in the flat Earth theory) do not reflect on my current views. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p6M-VgXHwwdpJarhyQYapBz-kRc6FrgdOLFAd3IfYz8/edit

• Facebook, Google etc. are political companies and that affects the environment completely.