Should the US invests more in sea exploration or space exploration? - DebateIsland Development Environment The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland Development Environment

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

Should the US invests more in sea exploration or space exploration?
in Investments

By NopeNope 347 Pts
The world seems to be investing more in getting to the stars then exploring under the sea. Do you think this should change or not?
melefjoecavalry
  1. Live Poll

Should the US invests more in sea exploration or space exploration?

13 votes
    1. Sae exploration
      38.46%
    2. Space!
      38.46%
    3. Space is impossible to travel through.
        7.69%
    4. I don't know
        7.69%
    5. Nether!
        7.69%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Arguments

• By “invest” you mean steal your neighbor’s money to spend as you like rather than letting them do with their earnings what they want?  You do seem to love theft and slavery.  You must be a morally reprobate liberal?
    SilverishGoldNovaBaconToesPogue
  • FascismFascism 338 Pts
    edited November 2017
    Neither. There are more important things to do. Whether space is real or not doesn't matter when talking about NASA. They aren't doing jack **** along with every other space exploration organization. Sea exploration will not be that useful other than for future solutions and research. We need to invest more on education, solving urban sprawl, preserving the environment, and getting more human rights. 
    BaconToesPogue
  • ViceRegent It seems as if you are agents government. I am not like slavery. Where would you get that idea. A government without taxes would face problems in running it's self. 
  • @Fascism

None of which is Constitutional.  Stop stealing from and enslaving your neighbor.
    SilverishGoldNova
  • @Nope

when you steal the fruit of your neighbor’s labor, you are enslaving him.
  • I believe that they should spend an equal amount of similar amount for. Both should also have a higher amount invested in those programs. The military budget should be dropped.
  • @melef

I think we should raise the taxes of those who agree with you to fund these programs.  What do you say?

And what should the military budget be dropped to?
    SilverishGoldNovaPogue
  • melef I think they should invest more on space exploration as I believe getting people into space would be more beneficial . I do believe we should invest more in thies areas. We used to. : )
    HankBaconToesPogue
  • @Nope

I think we should raise the taxes of those who agree with you to fund these programs.  What do you say?

• ViceRegent Fine with me.
  • @Nope

Great.  I think you should only be allowed to keep 35% of your income.  What do you think?
    SilverishGoldNova
  • ViceRegent I would do that now if i could.
  • Why can you not?  Are you nothing but a moocher?
  • ViceRegent I am kinda a moocher. I don't make any money. I am to young for a job, But most people to young for a job are moochers right? When I start making money I am planing on donating a lot of it to science because science is in my opinion great. Plus if I become a scientist I would also offer my work to science. : )
  • No, you want the government to take 65% of your work.  You want to be a slave to the state.
    SilverishGoldNovaPogue
  • ViceRegent  Not if  chose to do it. ; )
  • Yes, even then.
    SilverishGoldNova
  • ViceRegent Um.... The definitions I found say I won't. Look up definitions of a slave if you wan't. ; )
  • ROFL.  I do not need to use a dictionary to know my own language.  This is why we need to abolish government schools.
    SilverishGoldNovaPogue
  • Fascism I agree we should focus on investing in education, environmental protection and human rights instead of investing in other things like over consumption (we need to get are priorities strait) but I have to disagree that space exploration is not a priorities. Space offers a place to expanded to in the future with resources and the more you know about dangers lurking in the dark the better you can protect your self.
  • Do they or teach the Constitution in the government schools your parents stuck you in.
    SilverishGoldNova
  • ViceRegent They teach us the History of the constitution but don't go int any detail about what the constitution says.
  • That explains your love of slavery.
    SilverishGoldNovaPogue
  • @ViceRegent We (the debateIsland community) would appreciate it if you stop joining threads to spam them with red herrings.
    Retired DebateIslander. I no longer come here actively, and many of the things that I may have posted in the past (Such as belief in the flat Earth theory) do not reflect on my current views. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p6M-VgXHwwdpJarhyQYapBz-kRc6FrgdOLFAd3IfYz8/edit

• Your delusions do not impose on me a course of action!
  • @ViceRegent So you want to continue to do that? 
    Retired DebateIslander. I no longer come here actively, and many of the things that I may have posted in the past (Such as belief in the flat Earth theory) do not reflect on my current views. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p6M-VgXHwwdpJarhyQYapBz-kRc6FrgdOLFAd3IfYz8/edit

• Space. In fact, I think SIlverishGoldNova and Erfisflat should be allowed to go on a space shuttle and see for themselves that the Earth is round. 
  • Ghosty said:
    Space. In fact, I think SIlverishGoldNova and Erfisflat should be allowed to go on a space shuttle and see for themselves that the Earth is round. 
    Me too. Won't happen though, space is a fairy tale.
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
  • @Erfisflat
    It is?
  • Ghosty said:
    @Erfisflat
    It is?
    Yes
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
  • edited December 2017
    Ghosty said:
    Space. In fact, I think SIlverishGoldNova and Erfisflat should be allowed to go on a space shuttle and see for themselves that the Earth is round. 
    That's my only hope of being a glober again

• Ghosty said:
    I'll be satisfied with some curved standing water.

Wayne Dyer
  • Erfisflat said:
    Ghosty said:
    I'll be satisfied with some curved standing water.
    *insert nerd quote here*

• Well, Mike Hughes only used 20,000 USD to make a rocket... why don't you guys do the same?
  • I have to admit, that is still a lot of money...

• Ghosty said:
    Well, Mike Hughes only used 20,000 USD to make a rocket... why don't you guys do the same?
    Well I don't have $20,000 to spare.

• Yeah, it is a lot of money. How about some time before you die? So you can see for yourself that the Earth is round/flat. 
  • Ghosty said:
    Yeah, it is a lot of money. How about some time before you die? So you can see for yourself that the Earth is round/flat. 
    There are more efficient ways of seducing the shape of the earth, measuring bodies of water, and of course launching weather balloons.
    SilverishGoldNova

Wayne Dyer
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 1699 Pts
    Ultimately it all comes down to the benefits of either in terms of resources. Sea exploration has its merits, but in general the sea has pretty much the same resources as those we can retrieve on the land, so there is not much incentive to explore it further. In space, however, resources can be obtained in abundance that exist in only measly quantities on Earth (Helium-3 is just one example). If we want to further improve our technology, we will need to synthesize new materials and to implement new fuel paradigms in our everyday life - and space exploration seems to be the best and the most economically efficient way to do it, at the moment.