Will Republicans Lose Senate And House of Representatives Majority In 2018? - DebateIsland Development Environment The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland Development Environment

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

Will Republicans Lose Senate And House of Representatives Majority In 2018?
in Politics

Position: For
By natbaronsnatbarons 133 Pts edited January 2018
Do you believe that the GOP will lose their Senate and House of Representatives majority in 2018?
yolostideaarongGiorgioBrux
  1. Live Poll

?

7 votes
    1. Yes
      71.43%
    2. No
      28.57%

Debra AI Prediction

Tie
Predicted
50%
Likely
50%
Unlikely

Details +

SQL ERROR Table 'i2483808_vf2.Comment' doesn't existError getting name of the opponent: Table 'i2483808_vf2.User' doesn't existError getting argument count: Table 'i2483808_vf2.Comment' doesn't existError getting vote count: Table 'i2483808_vf2.Comment' doesn't existError getting comment count: Table 'i2483808_vf2.Comment' doesn't exist

Debate Type: Traditional Debate

Voting Format: Casual Voting

Opponent:

Rounds: 3

Time Per Round: 48 Hours Per Round

Voting Period: 24 Hours

Forfeited

Arguments

• Round 1 | Position: For
    Yes, I belive that they will.

1) In many midterm elections, the majority usually lost seats or lost their majority.

2) Democrats May be able to do an agenda.
  • Round 1 | Position: Against
    Our dysfunctional polarization has us trading off between just the two major party choices and so when people vote against the current power structure their vote against is usually in the form of a vote for the party not currently in charge.  We swing back and forth from one power control to the other.  Which those parties then, stupidly, take as a sign that the voters want them to ram through all things in their wish lists.
  • Round 2 | Position: For
    In the past, the majority party usually loses seats or the majority.

I don’t believe that this would change, especially considering Trump’s performance and approval rating which may be linked to the Republican Party.