Bitcoin is an impressive social engineering scheme - DebateIsland Development Environment The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland Development Environment

Communities

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

Bitcoin is an impressive social engineering scheme
in Technology

By agsragsr 851 Pts
The rise of Bitcoin currency, going from pennies to $20k is an amazing phenomenon.  There is interesting technology behind Bitcoin, but what's much more interesting is the underlying social engineering scheme behind its growth.
Bitcoin currency is a fascinating social engineering technique that creates hype, and limits demand to drives prices up.
  1. Live Poll

Bitcoin is an impressive social engineering scheme

4 votes
    1. Yes
      50.00%
    2. No
      50.00%
Live Long and Prosper

Debra AI Prediction

Tie
Predicted
50%
Likely
50%
Unlikely

Details +

SQL ERROR Table 'i2483808_vf2.Comment' doesn't exist
For:

0% (0 Points)

Against:

0% (0 Points)

Votes: 0
Error getting name of the opponent: Table 'i2483808_vf2.User' doesn't existError getting argument count: Table 'i2483808_vf2.Comment' doesn't existError getting vote count: Table 'i2483808_vf2.Comment' doesn't existError getting comment count: Table 'i2483808_vf2.Comment' doesn't exist

Voting Format: Casual Voting

Rounds: 2

Time Per Round: 12 Hours Per Round

Voting Period: 24 Hours

Round 1

Round 2

Voting

Arguments

• Round 1 | Position: For
    I will take affirmative side - yeah it's a scheme.  The algorithm relies on seeding enough coins, makes it more difficult to get over time, generate PR, and then rely on shortage of supply due to adaption by the masses.
    The actual currency is worthless, subject to scams, and wastes tremendous amount of World's power supply.
    Oakchairbcanonymousdebater
    WhyTrump - a good question
  • Round 1 | Position: Against
    Bitcoin is a great financial and technological concept that will transform World economy And disintermediate ineffective Banks.  It makes financial services available to underserved.
    it's not like dollar follows gold standard anymore, and is also based on worthless paper it is printed on
  • Round 1 | Position: For
    As I said in my opening, Bitcoin currency is a fascinating social engineering technique that creates hype, and limits demand to drives prices up.
    it reminds me of tulip mania in 17th century.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulip_mania

Live Long and Prosper