Are there contradictions in the bible? - Page 2 - DebateIsland Development Environment The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland Development Environment

Communities

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

Are there contradictions in the bible?
in Religion

2»

Arguments

• DeeDee 421 Pts
    @Sand

Sand the “Christian “ liar caught in his own web of lies , Sand admitted biblical slavery was immoral Sand admits his god is immoral now he’s crying about it .......

You say ......Do you have proof of your claim that the Bible is an immoral book?

My reply ......Yes , owning people as property is immoral you agreed so what are you arguing about? ......Ouch 

• SandSand 67 Pts
    You call names because you have no morals.

• DeeDee 421 Pts
    edited June 2019
    @Sand

You say ....You call names because you have no morals

My reply ....Ahhh you’re getting all upset because you said slavery was immoral and now you’re sulking because you condemned your god as immoral .......

You admitted your god was immoral because he sanctioned  slavery,   I’m against,  so by implication you admit I’m more moral than your god ......Ouch beaten again buddy 
  • SandSand 67 Pts

I am just asking for your proof. You the one throwing out insults, which shows your morals.

• DeeDee 421 Pts
    @Sand

You call names because you have no morals or proof.

My reply .....Ahhhh still crying are you , you admitted slavery was immoral , you admitted your god was immoral therefore I’m against slavery you admit I’m more moral than your god .........Ouch 

By the way you accepted my proof regarding slavery or do you want to change your mind and say it’s moral now? It’s ok you’re getting good at lying 

Sand
  • SandSand 67 Pts

I am just asking for your proof. You the one throwing out insults, which shows your morals.
  • DeeDee 421 Pts
    @Sand

You call names because you have no morals or proof.

My reply .....You accepted my proof you idiot you admitted slavery was wrong 

My reply .....Ahhhh still crying are you , you admitted slavery was immoral , you admitted your god was immoral therefore I’m against slavery you admit I’m more moral than your god .........Ouch 

By the way you accepted my proof regarding slavery or do you want to change your mind and say it’s moral now? It’s ok you’re getting good at lying 
  • SandSand 67 Pts
    More insults....and misrepresentation of my statements.
    So I admitted my God was immoral or an assumption on your part.
    I did not admit slavery was immoral, I always have held that modern slavery is immoral.
    Biblical slavery is not immoral.

You have made very broad statements.
    I asked for your support for your statements, you could not produce them, so I denoted your statements were unfounded and asked is this comparable to lying. You then call me a liar.

You are the main person who throws out insults, which gives proof to atheists lacking morals.

• DeeDee 421 Pts
    edited June 2019
    @Sand

You say .....More insults....and misrepresentation of my statements. 

My reply .....I have not insulted you I’ve pointed out you admitted owning people as property is immoral and I have witnesses , so why do you continue to lie?

Here you go your own words ......

@PlaffelvohfenAsked you ........will you answer my question? Do you think that owning people as commodities is moral?

Your reply ......No I do not.

You agreed that owning people as property was not moral do you want to lie again?

You say ......So I admitted my God was immoral or an assumption on your part.

My reply .....No assumption, your words stated that you agree it’s immoral therefore your god is immoral as he gives the law regards slavery 

You say .....I did not admit slavery was immoral, 

My reply .....You did your words confirm this 

You say ......I always have held that modern slavery is immoral.

Biblical slavery is not immoral. 

My reply .....You truly are dense you admitted owning people as property is immoral , now it’s not .....Are you on drugs or drunk?

You say ......You have made very broad statements. 

I asked for your support for your statements, you could not produce them, so I denoted your statements were unfounded and asked is this comparable to lying. You then call me a liar. 

My reply ......I’ve proved you’re a compulsive liar , don’t blame me your words confirm this 

You say ......You are the main person who throws out insults, which gives proof to atheists lacking morals.

My reply ......But I’m not insulting you I’m calling you a liar I’ve just proved my point 

• SandSand 67 Pts

You have no proof.
    I stated that modern slavery is immoral, but Biblical slavery is moral.
    I have not lied in anyway, my points are very clear.
    >>>Owning people is only immoral now because of what has occured with the treatment of people.
    My words!
    Now you have taken my statements out of context, when you clearly left out my previous words.

Saying I stated that Biblical slavery is not moral, then go ahead, nevertheless that would be a lie.
    Where is my statement that God is immoral? That is a lie.
    >>>My reply ......But I’m not insulting you I’m calling you a liar I’ve just proved my point 
    That is a lie
    You hurl out insults many times and I am not the only one who has called you on it.
    Calling people stupid, compulsive liar, idiots, saying they attended KKK meetings, these are insults.

You have stated that you do not believe the Bible is an accurate textbook.
    You cannot use the information against itself if you do not believe it is accurate. (unless you are only trying to prove fallacies)

I asked for your proof outside of the Bible or any proof that goes against the Bible's information.

JakeGyllenhaalethang5
  • DeeDee 421 Pts
    @Sand

You say .....I stated that modern slavery is immoral, but Biblical slavery is moral

My reply .....So your latest take on slavery is that’s it’s moral  to own people but also immoral to own people ......Oooookayyyyyy 
    ZeusAres42
  • SandSand 67 Pts
    I know it is hard to understand.
    Its ok you feel differently. 

• DeeDee 421 Pts
    @Sand

You say ......I know it is hard to understand.

My reply ......Yes it is for me how you think buying and selling humans like animals was moral in biblical times ......

The following passage shows that slaves are clearly property to be bought and sold like livestock

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you.  You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land.  You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance.  You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)

You say ......Its ok you feel differently. 

My reply ....Yes I don’t agree with selling my daughters under any circumstances yet you do as it was done in biblical times ......

When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are.  If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again.  But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her.  And if the slave girl’s owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter.  If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife.  If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment.(Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)

I also feel differently to Christians like you  who think beating people is fine  because you own them ......

When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished.  If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property.(Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

But it’s not all bad as you and fellow Christians call me immoral for criticising biblical slavery as yous think it was wonderfully moral to own people as property in biblical times as you admitted right?

• ethang5ethang5 139 Pts
    @Sand

>@ Dee - You hurl out insults many times and I am not the only one who has called you on it.

You aren't Sand. That is pretty much all Dee does. She has even been warned by the Mod.

But as you implied, the first person to break out in insults proves they have run out of intelligent things to say.

>Calling people stupid, compulsive liar, idiots, saying they attended KKK meetings, these are insults.

Not only are they insults, they are lies, and Dee knows she's lying. 

It's the price we pay for a free debate board. Good arguments Sand.
    Sand
  • DeeDee 421 Pts
    @ethang5

So typical Ethang jumps to the defence of a guy who claims owning people as property is immoral but not if god sanctions it , as it wasn’t really slavery to buy and sell women and children in biblical times .....Hilarious.

You on the other hand are just a bible thumping rabid racist who rarely says anything remotely intelligent .....it’s obviously genetic  
  • ethang5ethang5 139 Pts
    @Dee

>So typical Ethang jumps to the defence of a guy who claims owning people as property is immoral but not if god sanctions it , as it wasn’t really slavery to buy and sell women and children in biblical times .....Hilarious.

Stop being stupid. That is not what Sand said. Do you think we can't read what he said? How dumb do you take members here to be?

>You on the other hand are just a bible thumping rabid racist who rarely says anything remotely intelligent .....it’s obviously genetic

And there you go. Stop lying Dee Dee. Stop spinning what people say. If you don't, you will continue to be treated like the troll you are

This is a debate board, not a boxing ring. Anger and bile cannot substitute for intelligence and reasoning.

If you try your brain, you might find that it works. But you have to try it.
    Sand
  • DeeDee 421 Pts
    edited July 2019
    @ethang5

Typical hate filled rant from ET. Incidentally that’s exactly what Sand said and admitted then said “oh it is wrong to own people as property but the Bible’s form of slavery was ......a good thing “ .....takes a nut to know one that’s why you’re defending him.

Incidentally the stupidity is with you and Sand.

You are so stupid you have to lie in an attempt to cover what you and your buddy cannot defend , let’s revisit here is what @Sand  actually said .......

I stated that modern slavery is immoral, but Biblical slavery is moral.

There you go Doofus .......Owning people as property is and was moral in biblical times his words not mine .......You really are offensively stupid 
  • ethang5ethang5 139 Pts
    @Dee

>Typical hate filled rant from ET. Incidentally that’s exactly what Sand said and admitted then said “oh it is wrong to own people as property but the Bible’s form of slavery was ......a good thing “

Because the slavery mentioned in the bible was not owning people but owning their services.

Sand agreed that owning people was immoral, he disagreed that that is what the bible is talking about. You can try to lie as you always do, but we can scroll to his comments.

>.....takes a nut to know one that’s why you’re defending him.

He needs no defense. You just insult and twist people's words. I've seen Sand debate, you aren't a threat to him.

>Incidentally the stupidity is with you and Sand.

If this were true, you wouldn't need insults. And if you've already decided, before any debate, that Sands position cannot be defended, what are you doing here?

>You are so stupid you have to lie in an attempt to cover what you and your buddy cannot defend,

The only one who lied was you, when you claimed that Sand said God was immoral.

>let’s revisit here is what @Sand  actually said .......

Sand said - I stated that modern slavery is immoral, but Biblical slavery is moral.

>There you go Doofus .......Owning people as property is and was moral in biblical times his words not mine

He said nothing about "owning people". He said "slavery", and there are different meanings of slavery. "owning people" are your words, not his.

>.......You really are offensively stupid

At least I can read.
    PlaffelvohfenSand
  • DeeDee 421 Pts
    edited July 2019
    @ethang5

You say ......Because the slavery mentioned in the bible was not owning people but owning their services.

My reply .....What a throughly stupid comment , let’s continue Sand and your education regarding what the Bible says a book neither of yous have read ........

4Your male and female salves shall come from the nations around you;from them-you may purchase slaves .45You may also purchase them from the foreigners residing among you or their clans living among you who are born in your land. These may become your property.…

See that Doofus? Owning people as property .....All in the “good book” 

You say ......Sand agreed that owning people was immoral

My reply ....Owning people as property is slavery you idiot read above

You say ......he disagreed that that is what the bible is talking about

My reply .....But you and he are wrong the Bible agrees with me but you’s deny what’s written in the Bible 

You  say ......You can try to lie as you always do, but we can scroll to his comments.

My reply .....Wrong again dummy read it and weep ......

4Your male and female slaves  shall come from the nations around you;from them-you may purchases-slaves.45You may also purchase them from the foreigners residing among you or their clans living among you who are born in your land. These may become your property.…

You say .....He needs no defense. 

My reply .....I know because he had none I beat him like you soundly 

You say ......

You just insult and twist people's words

My reply .....The only ones twisting words are you and Sand as in denying what’s written in the Bible leaving your only option left ......lying 

You say ......I've seen Sand debate, you aren't a threat to him.

My reply ....You and him are Dumb and Dumber 

You say .......If this were true, you wouldn't need insults. 

My reply .....I’m not insulting you and him your every posts prove you’re idiots 

You say .....And if you've already decided, before any debate, that Sands position cannot be defended, what are you doing here?

My reply .....Says you who jumps in to defend a  nut  because I thrashed him .....what are you doing here?

You say .....The only one who lied was you, when you claimed that Sand said God was immoral.

My reply .....He said owning people as property is immoral , the word of god actually supports owning people as property Sand admits that’s immoral so therefore god is immoral .....Sand agrees as I’m sure you do now you’ve been schooled 

You say ......Sand said - I stated that modern slavery is immoral....

but Biblical slavery is moral.

My reply .......There you go Doofus .......Owning people as property is and was moral in biblical times his words not mine

You say .....He said nothing about "owning people". He said "slavery", and there are different meanings of slavery. "

My reply .....Different meanings of slavery Bwaaaaaaahahahahahaha.....What’s the Bible say .....45You may also purchase them from the foreigners residing among you or their clans living among you who are born in your land. These may become your property.…

There ya go dummy owning people as property all from your Bible ....oh dear 

You say .....owning people" are your words, not his.

My reply .....They’re not , they’re straight from the book you need to read the Bible 

You say .....At least I can read.

My reply .....You cannot as you don’t even know what it says in the Bible 

You’ve been schooled again Doofus 

Plaffelvohfen
  • ethang5ethang5 139 Pts
    edited July 2019
    @Dee

Because the slavery mentioned in the bible was not owning people but owning their services.

>What a throughly stupid comment, let’s continue Sand and your education regarding what the Bible says a book neither of yous have read .......

4Your male and female salves shall come from the nations around you;from them-you may purchase slaves .45You may also purchase them from the foreigners residing among you or their clans living among you who are born in your land. These may become your property.…

Words have more than one meaning genius. In the bible, people who were bankrupt or had  debt they couldn't pay, offered to become indentured servants to pay off the debt. They were not owned, their services were.

>See that Doofus? Owning people as property .....All in the “good book” 

I see your stupidity and your need to keep the context hidden. The slavery mentioned in the bible was never involuntary.

Sand agreed that owning people was immoral

>Owning people as property is slavery you idiot read above

Owning people as property is only one type of slavery. Turn your brain on for a minute.

He disagreed that that is what the bible is talking about

>But you and he are wrong the Bible agrees with me but you’s deny what’s written in the Bible 

Read the bible about how people became slaves. Several accounts are there. The bible forbids kidnap and/or taking a man into slavery by force. You are just ignorant.

You can try to lie as you always do, but we can scroll to his comments.

>Wrong again dummy read it and weep ....

You are just ignorant. Even today, we talk about pro athletes and entertainers the same way. They are bought and sold between the clubs and labels, but sane people know it is their services bought, not them themselves. You think you have to be an idiot for your argument to seem reasonable. 

Sands needs no defense. 

>I know because he had none I beat him like you soundly 

Lol. Did you crown yourself too?

You just insult and twist people's words...

>The only ones twisting words are you and Sand as in denying what’s written in the Bible leaving your only option left ......lying

We deny what you say it means doofus. You're the one who cannot explain verses which contradict you. Try these...

Exodus 21:16 - Anyone who kidnaps another and either sells him or still has him when he is caught must be put to death.

Deuteronomy 24:7 - If a man is caught kidnapping one of his brother Israelites and treats him as a slave or sells him, the kidnapper must die. You must purge the evil from among you.

Thinking will not harm you dee dee, there is no need to be afraid of it.

I've seen Sand debate, you aren't a threat to him.

>You and him are Dumb and Dumber 

That leaves dumbest open for you.

>I’m not insulting you and him your every posts prove...

If this were true, you wouldn't need insults.

And if you've already decided, before any debate, that Sands position cannot be defended, what are you doing here?

>Says you who jumps in to defend a  nut  because I thrashed him .....what are you doing here?

Beating you.

The only one who lied was you, when you claimed that Sand said God was immoral.

>He said owning people as property is immoral , the word of god actually supports owning people as property 

It doesn't. In fact, besides the two verses above, the bible says it is God who owns every human being, a man cannot own another man. You are lying because your lame argument needs it.

>Sand admits that’s immoral so therefore god is immoral .....Sand agrees as I’m sure you do now you’ve been schooled 

Your word "that's" above is fakery. Sand does not agree that the bible's account is immoral slavery. You do. Saying he agrees with you is a lie.

(For the Gentle Reader: I call this militant anti-theist trick, "atheist with article". They will use words like " it, that, them, those" equivocally to pretend they are talking about the same thing as a theist. Watch an atheist's use of articles closely)

Sand said - I stated that modern slavery is immoral....

but Biblical slavery is moral.

I have not lied in anyway, my points are very clear

>There you go Doofus .......Owning people as property is and was moral in biblical times his words not mine

He said nothing about "owning people". He said "slavery", and there are different meanings of slavery. "

Different meanings of slavery Bwaaaaaaahahahahahaha....

Your stupidity is not my concern. That you don't know that words can have different meanings is your shortcoming, not mine.

>There ya go dummy owning people as property all from your Bible ....oh dear

If the bible forbids taking a person by force, how would you enslave him? If a verse forbids selling people as slaves, perhaps what is bought here is not the person but his services?

You are ignorant of what you condemn. You are ignorant of biblical history.

Owning people" are your words, not his.

>They’re not , they’re straight from the book you need to read the Bible 

The bible says owning people is a sin. The verses are above. Your bias has caused you to be stupid.

>You cannot [read] as you don’t even know what it says in the Bible 

I showed you that even today, pro athletes and entertainers are referred to as the property of clubs or labels, yet the word "property" does not mean immoral ownership.

I showed you two verses showing that God forbids the taking by force, and the selling of a person, for the purpose of slavery.

I've shown you that the bible says God is the sole owner of human beings.

What have you shown? A silly insistence that the word "property" must have only your meaning.

>You’ve been schooled again Doofus 

That you think what you did is "schooling" makes us understand the lack of logic in your post.