Atheists can you prove that science is correct? - Page 4 - DebateIsland Development Environment The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland Development Environment

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

Atheists can you prove that science is correct?
in Religion

124»

Arguments

• ErfisflatErfisflat 1637 Pts
    Joeseph said:
    @Erfisflat

Oh dear , that’s it your list of “peer “ reviewed papers ..... hilarious

On 4 August 2004, an article by Meyer appeared in the peer-reviewed scientific journal, Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington.On September 7, the publisher of the journal, the Council of the Biological Society of Washington, released a statement retracting the article as not having met its scientific standards, and saying that it had been published at the discretion of the former editor, Richard Sternberg, "without review by any associate editor".Critics believe that Sternberg's personal and ideological connections to Meyer suggest at least the appearance of conflict of interest in allowing Meyer's paper to be published

Do you want to equally destroy your claims about Kuhn ? You know all this off course but you thought you had another person that would accept your ridiculous claims , so seriously any peer reviewed papers ? 

Retracted or no, it was published peer reviewed paper that destroys evolution, just as you requested.
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
  • JoesephJoeseph 554 Pts
    @poco

you:  You say .....But when Jesus said: "Verily I tell you the truth, .." now that's 'fact' that we can put our lives on.

My reply .... Really ? Maybe you need to look up the lies and broken promises by Jesus ?

me:  Just what lies & broken promises" are you referring to?  

My reply ....  We shall start with one blatant lie ,

Jesus, if he had the omniscience of a god, told this lie:

“…Truly I say to you, there are some of those who are standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.” (Matthew 16: 27, 28)

But everyone in his presence did die without seeing the kingdom which was promised. Today they are still waiting for the second coming. Because it never happened and it clearly won’t.

That's a literal read of it as far as your interpretation, but typical for an atheist o only interpret it as such. 

Jesus did indeed come in his Kingdom during the lifetime of most of those
    who heard him on that day. The subject of the Kingdom of God is a broad
    and deep one. The Kingdom of God is in one sense the kingship of God in
    any one individual’s life. It will also be revealed at the end of time
    when the final Kingdom of God will be the eternal city–heaven.

All this is true, but in the context of Matthew 16:28, Jesus is talking
    about the kingdom of God in the sense he most commonly uses it in the
    gospels. One aspect of the kingdom of God is the church of Christ. The
    church is the kingdom. In fact, Jesus had just finished making that point
    in Matthew 16:17-19 where Jesus clearly equates the church with the
    Kingdom of Heaven. Jesus appears to use the phrase Kingdom of God and
    Kingdom of Heaven virtually interchangeable in the gospels.

So when was the prophecy fulfilled? The answer is that the Kingdom of God
    and of the Son Jesus Christ came on the day of Pentecost, 50 days after
    the resurrection of Jesus. This fulfillment is found in Acts chapter two.
    Many prophecies, both in the Old Testament and the New Testament point to
    the coming of the Kingdom in a new and unique way on the Day of Pentecost.
    For example, one could look at Isaiah 2:2-4. Daniel 2:44,45, Matthew 3:2,
    Luke 24:45-47, Matthew 16:18-20 and Matt 16:28 all point to the events of
    the pouring out of the Spirit, the first public gospel sermon and the
    first conversions to Christ which all occurred on the Day of Pentecost, as
    recorded in Acts chapter two.

Jesus did not visibly, physically come back on the Day of Pentecost, but
    he God certainly did come in the person of the Holy Spirit on that day.
    There are many passages which express the thought that Jesus comes to us
    when we receive the gift of the indwelling Holy Spirit. 1 Corinthians
    15:24, John 14:15-21 and John 16:7-15 come to mind.

Jesus either told all of these lies – or his exact words have been lost (see example 3). 

God has not interceded to clear any of it up. And so the branches of Christianity have warred against each other for centuries.

My reply ......

Wow, never heard of that excuse b4.  & I've never seen it b4.  I guess you'll resort to any ol type of excuse to make yourself look correct huh?

You say ......You do realize that question marks are not supposed to have a space between it & the last letter of the last word in that sentence right?  Or don't you believe in correct English grammar either)?  Just gotta laugh.

My reply .... Let me correct you yet again .....

Spacing With Punctuation. With a computer, use only one space following periods, commas, semicolons, colons, exclamation points, question marks, and quotation marks. The space needed after these punctuation marks is proportioned automatically. Use no spaces on either side of a hyphen.

Spacing with Punctuation | Punctuation Rules

https://www.grammarbook.com› spacing

You got to laugh

You say .....Wow, never heard of that excuse b4.  & I've never seen it b4.  I guess you'll resort to any ol type of excuse to make yourself look correct huh?

My reply .....Indeed yet it's from a source with expertise on the subject , but the again you didn't even know or ever here of the King James Bible and your spelling is dreadful 

Let's see what psychologists think about idiots such as you ....

Psychology monthly .......

Most grammar Nazis are foolish who are desperately trying to make themselves look more intelligent. Spelling things correctly is very important but its not all that matters. Saying you can spell every word in the dictionary does not mean you understand what those words means and if that is the case that makes you are a very stupid person. If someone can use words correctly but can not spell a single one that person might be smart but they need to learn grammar and spelling better. However they might be more educated than a person who can spell everything. Further,  if you are going to discredit an entire argument or a person based on spelling alone that means you are incredibly shallow and not intelligent enough to grasp complex concepts. Which just means that person you were insulting is probably more times smarter than you are.

How very accurate experts agree you're an idiot 

you:  Its amazing that Christians claim as fact nonsense from a book of gibberish 

me:  Ya know what's even more amazing is that you keep referencing a book that you say is fiction & don't believe in.  Most people would ignore such a book they thought of is worthless ...... most non-trolling people that is.

My reply ..... Ya ?  Yes I reference it to correct internet trolls like you , it is worthless I’m glad you agree but I do like to correct worthless people on their ....worthless book

You say ....You're entitle to your opinion ...... no matter how wrong it may be.

Thing is, many atheists feel that there are many worthwhile lessons contained in the bible, even tho they may not believe in God.  Like I said, you're entitled to your opnion.

My reply ....,Your spelling and punctuation is dreadful .....

You're entitled to your opinion ...... no matter how wrong it may be.

Thing is, many Christians feel that there are many worthless  lessons contained in the bible, even though they claim to believe it , Like I said, you're entitled to your opnion.

There’s that deflection again where you accuse me of being a troll yet you harass others on this site , but you’re a “ Christian “ aren’t you ? Another space for you .... enjoy

You say ....Harass others?  hmmm, you'll have to explain that one.

My reply .....

Your denial is hilarious and typical of your type of " Christian " who ignores everything in the bible which he claims are the teachings of Christ and hypocritically resorts to deceit and lies 

• Joeseph said:
    @Evidence

You're making no sense at all, I do not reply to people such as you who launch into unfounded attacks based on the imaginings of their own minds ,if and when you type something remotely intelligible I may reply 

@Joeseph
    Show me where I made "unfounded attacks"?? Here again is what I posted, maybe you read the wrong reply?

Evidence said:

@Joeseph said: This from a person who believes in talking serpents , a talking Donkey , Noah’s ark , virgin births and a zombie named Jesus is hilarious 

So believing in talking monkeys is more scientific?

Joe .... I’m glad you see religion as being such a bad thing you attempt to brand it Evolution as “religious “ 

Yes, a Religious cult, very dangerous and dehumanizing. Instead, build your faith on evidence with substance like the Bible teaches you, not blindly accept what cults tell you.

Joe - .....Evolution is fact you’re a science denier , also you’re not a  rational being in fact the reverse

So finding skulls of gorillas and chimps, then going into cemeteries digging up graves and robbing skull and bones of human loved ones and taking these  around the world telling people how this monkey skeleton evolved over millions and billions of years into that human skeleton  is science now? I mean what rational person would consider that normal? Seriously, anyone, starting with any child passed the age of 5 that is infatuated with skull and bones, and starts making up stories about them, especially "millions and billions of years ago this and that happened" stories should be examined by psychometrists, and medicated accordingly. Like Richard Dawkins, he should not be allowed to go in public without a long-sleeved white jacket wrapped around him, .. let alone be allowed into schools near children!

Evidence -  ....What's the difference between Satanists and Evolutionists, .. nothing. They both rob graves and take the skull and bones of peoples loved ones, and worship them in their rituals.....

Joe - ....You’re insane I don’t believe in Satan or god and Evolution has nothing to do with a belief in either 

I have shown ample evidence of the similarities in both, .. and there is no denying of Evolutionists murderous and discriminating past, .. Hitler's Nazis calling anyone not German, including Gypsies and Jews rats, and exposing of them with rat poison;

Now take a look at this short video, and please look at (time 3:34 -) and listen to what this demented, Satanic Evolutionist says:

It's obvious that poor child is very uneasy and even frightened by what this madman is telling her, calling her cousins "rats"! I'm sure she knows what needs to be done if there was a rat infestation in her house, .. so just imagine what's going on in her frightened mind being locked in a hotel room with this guy? And he is not kidding either, as you can see he is VERY serious, you don't see one smile on his face. This is a perfect example of a religious fanatic brainwashing his followers like David Koresh, Jim Jones, Hitler, Pol Pot and other Nazi and Communist Evolutionists did.

Look, I'm just warning people by reminding them what happens when people like Dawkins start making a name for themselves by good intended sheeple like us allowing ourselves to listen to such outrageous stories! The man just called her and her family descendance of rats, animals. How does she know she will make it out of that Motel room alive and not be chopped up and eaten like Dahmer did to all those kids!?

Just listen to Dawkins rambling on, .. I mean this guy really and truly believes that she's just another animal on a farm, including her family, and cousins, even a rodent!

Evidence says ....Only Satanists don't call other humans: "animals and apes".

Joe - .... really and you know this how ? 

I've known Satanists, seen Satanic movies, conversations from Anton Levy Szandor, and they don't go around calling other people "animals". They sacrifice animals, and yes humans too, just like we've seen in the history of Evolutionists. Ota Benga, the Aborigines the black slavery, and the starvation of the blacks today is ALL because of this Evolution Religion!

Hey buddy, remember this is a debate, nothing against you personally, I love you and everyone here. I really do pray to God you could show me evidence to prove me wrong, good luck! But I know better. I've done my homework, seen, heard and been through things, .. so unlike Dawkins and other Evolutionists, speak from evidence accumulated over the past 62 years.

Thank you.

I have shown you how both the Evolution Religion and Satanism is based on the same principles; Hate of God and the Bible, and the worship of skull & bones

Image result for skull and bones pic

and here;
    http://www.newser.com/story/188735/skulls-from-pit-of-bones-may-hold-evolution-clues.html

Image result for evolution skull and bones pic          Related image         Image result for evolution bones pic

https://www.shutterstock.com/search/human+evolution?image_type=photo

• JoesephJoeseph 554 Pts
    @Evidence

You accuse believers in fact as in Evolution with crimes they are not guilty off , your whole piece is an irrational smear campaign 
  • Joeseph said:
    @Evidence

You accuse believers in fact as in Evolution with crimes they are not guilty off , your whole piece is an irrational smear campaign 

@Joeseph do you even know what replaced the "reading of the Bible" or even having a Bible in your home, in schools or talking about it in public in any of the Old Communist Countries? That's right, the Bible and its moral teachings were replaced with; "Evolution stories passed off as science".
    Would you like me to show you the horrendous crimes against humanity this ideology has brought down on humanity? I doubt you could bear it!?

1 Corinthians 3:2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.
  • @Evidence

You say .....do you even know what replaced the "reading of the Bible" or even having a Bible in your home, in schools or talking about it in public in any of the Old Communist Countries? 

My reply......And what’s that got to do with me ? 

You say...... That's right, the Bible and its moral teachings were replaced with; "Evolution stories passed off as science".

My reply ..... So every household in Communist countries was given a copy of Darwin’s masterpiece...... BTW Evolution is fact get over it , you prefer fiction though 

You say ....Would you like me to show you the horrendous crimes against humanity this ideology has brought down on humanity? I doubt you could bear it!?

My reply ..... A belief in Evolution is now responsible for all mankind’s woes ..... go away and pray or something 

“ Blessed are the cheese makers for they shall inherit the earth “  from the Life of Brian 

• @Royalty One good fact to remember is that science is not atheism, and atheism is not science. Science in and of itself is a neutral method of study it makes no assumptions about God or any other ideologies it is just a method of study that helps us gather information about how the natural world operates. One can interpret the findings of science either way, for Theists science just reveals how the Creator put the universe together and for materialists/atheists they may interpret that what science is looking at is ALL that exists and their interpretation is naturalism. But science is not an ideology or worldview it is simply a method we us at understanding the physical world. Science is unable to account for anything beyond the perceived physical world and it is not supposed to, it is unequipped to reach that layer of reality at this time and that is where spirituality picks up the ball where science drops it. Spirituality has the appropriate insight and method of observations for Theistic matters.
    So it is good to know that both science and Theism are compatible because they both examine a different nature. No need to reject one for the other they both are needed to understand the full potential and scope of our existence and what that entails.
    John 17

21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.