The "Thin Blue Line" flag is stupid and unpatriotic - Page 2 - DebateIsland Development Environment The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland Development Environment

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

The "Thin Blue Line" flag is stupid and unpatriotic
in United States

2»

Arguments

• I wouldn't say all cops, but i do trust say... The cop who lives down my street and the 5 cops at my school

Do you know their names? 
    No
    And how long have you known them? 

Cop in my neighborhood my whol life and the school resource officers for 2. 

And for me, I can't trust no cops, its just h0w it is. You trust them cops cuz you know them, but if you didn't know them, you'd still trust them? 

I give cops the benefit of the doubt. Thier job is very stressful for thier lives and mental state. Sure, some are mean, and abuse their power. But those are a small minority. Most cops do their job to protect and serve theiir communites

I can't just walk up to a cop and be like: "Yo!" Nah son, you ain't seen injustice firsthand, so of course you would be thinkin differently, but you really can't be trustin no cops. I ain't say they was "untrustworthy" I just said you can't trust them, you know cops and you trust them, thats you, but I ain't know cops, and even if I did, I still ain't trust them. Its a impossibility, tell you this, trust is earned, not given, its been like that for centuries, if cops want people to trust them, they got to earn the people's trust, cuz there is too many bad cops out there. 

Aye I ain't gonna even waste my time with you. Your arguments ain't convincin at all.
    Zombieguy1987George_HorseAndrej
    “Communism is evil. Its driving forces are the deadly sins of envy and hatred.” ~Peter Drucker 

"It's not a gun control problem, it's a cultural control problem."
    Bob Barr
  • I wouldn't say all cops, but i do trust say... The cop who lives down my street and the 5 cops at my school

Do you know their names? 
    No
    And how long have you known them? 

Cop in my neighborhood my whol life and the school resource officers for 2. 

And for me, I can't trust no cops, its just h0w it is. You trust them cops cuz you know them, but if you didn't know them, you'd still trust them? 

I give cops the benefit of the doubt. Thier job is very stressful for thier lives and mental state. Sure, some are mean, and abuse their power. But those are a small minority. Most cops do their job to protect and serve theiir communites

I can't just walk up to a cop and be like: "Yo!" Nah son, you ain't seen injustice firsthand, so of course you would be thinkin differently, but you really can't be trustin no cops. I ain't say they was "untrustworthy" I just said you can't trust them, you know cops and you trust them, thats you, but I ain't know cops, and even if I did, I still ain't trust them. Its a impossibility, tell you this, trust is earned, not given, its been like that for centuries, if cops want people to trust them, they got to earn the people's trust, cuz there is too many bad cops out there. 

Aye I ain't gonna even waste my time with you. Your arguments ain't convincin at all.

That's because of you'r bias towards cops...

If you were to actually look at cops without being bias, you'd realize not all of them abuse their power to kill people.

That's a small miniority of cops who do that, but NOT ALL OF THEM

Nathaniel_B
    https://www.google.com/search?q=victims+of+religion&safe=active&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=x&ved=0ahukewihu9jugorfahwkmeakhbtib00q_auidigb&biw=1920&bih=963&safe=active

Blues and Raptors handed two very toxic teams embarrassing losses, 95% of the sports world is rejoicing in the news

Repealing the Second Amendment is the first step to Totalitarianism, and it needs to be prevented to protect our freedom 

http://www.atheistrepublic.com/
  • Whether a flag is stupid is an opinion and not a fact. It should additionally be remembered it is an inanimate object and such does not legitimately have an intelligence, but I am digressing. 

Perhaps since I am not American I might see things a little differently, but expressing opinions and ideals whether through a flag or an action is quite patriotic in my eyes.  If I am not mistaken, this is covered in the 1st Amendment of the US constitution, to add on (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech_in_the_United_States). The ability to express beliefs whether it is "Black Lives Matter", "All Lives Matters", or "Blue Lives Matter" is, or at least I thought, a fundamental concept of the United States of America. Did the founding fathers not have a revolution to express their ideals, even though the British weren't interested in hearing it?

Thank you.
    Zombieguy1987
  • There are rougly 900,000 police officers in the United States.

There are rougly 325 million citizens in the United States.

And each year there are roughly, a million plus crimes committed each year by offenders.

And it's unjust, that any crime gets committed to begin with.

Zombieguy1987
  • @Zombieguy1987

This is the theme of the forum: 

"The "Thin Blue Line" flag is stupid and unpatriotic"

https://www.thebalancecareers.com/what-is-the-thin-blue-line-974603

The thin blue line, refers to this:

"For some civilians, it connotes a show of support for the police, acknowledging the role these individuals dedicate themselves to in society. It represents the solidarity and brotherhood that police officers share as fellow professionals for others."

So what do you find irrelevant about the below? 

And there are roughly 900,000 police officers in the United States.

And each year there are roughly, a million plus crimes committed each year by offenders.

And it's unjust that any of the 325 million citizens in the United States, should have to live with and put up with any crimes being committed against them.
    Zombieguy1987
  • TTKDB said:
    @Zombieguy1987

This is the theme of the forum: 

"The "Thin Blue Line" flag is stupid and unpatriotic"

https://www.thebalancecareers.com/what-is-the-thin-blue-line-974603

The thin blue line, refers to this:

"For some civilians, it connotes a show of support for the police, acknowledging the role these individuals dedicate themselves to in society. It represents the solidarity and brotherhood that police officers share as fellow professionals for others."

So what do you find irrelevant about the below? 

The debate is is about why the flag is stupid and if cops are untrustworthy. Not crime statistics 

And there are roughly 900,000 police officers in the United States.

And it's unjust that any of the 325 million citizens in the United States, should have to live with and put up with any crimes being committed against them.

https://www.google.com/search?q=victims+of+religion&safe=active&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=x&ved=0ahukewihu9jugorfahwkmeakhbtib00q_auidigb&biw=1920&bih=963&safe=active

Blues and Raptors handed two very toxic teams embarrassing losses, 95% of the sports world is rejoicing in the news

Repealing the Second Amendment is the first step to Totalitarianism, and it needs to be prevented to protect our freedom 

• @Zombieguy1987

"The debate is is about why the flag is stupid and if cops are untrustworthy. Not crime statistics."

Neither flag is stupid.

Both have had blood shed for them.

The crime statistics exist, because of the innocent blood being shed, a million times over again and again each year, which is unjust, regardless of how some view either flag.

And I salute both flags, because both flags deserve to be treated with respect. 

And police officers are trustworthy.

I trust them more, than I would a recreational weed user, smoking weed in a grocery store, or mall parking lot, and then illegally driving while high on weed, after leaving either parking lot. 

Zombieguy1987
  • Puck the folice, they have too much power.
    Zombieguy1987
    Revelation 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

• Puck the folice, they have too much power.

If they did, we'd be in North Korea...

Which last i heard this debate would've never happened because they suppress freedom of speech