Is religious indoctrination child abuse? - Page 2 - DebateIsland Development Environment The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland Development Environment

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

Is religious indoctrination child abuse?
in Religion

2»

Arguments

• @Zombieguy1987:

"It was a result of the religion that led to the kid dying! How can you not see that!

Instead of going to a doctor, which they could've done until he died, they put oil and just PRAYED!

Did you actually read about the case?"

Where do you think this information came from Zombieguy1978? 

(Jeffrey and Marci Beagley were found guilty of criminally negligent homicide after a two-week trial.)

Religion itself wasn't found guilty along with them was it?

I didn't see anywhere where religion was found guilty of criminally negligent homicide along with the individuals did you? 

Did you read anywhere were Religion was found guilty along with Jeffrey and Marci Beagley? 

Do you maybe view the law differently when it maybe comes to an atheist individual committing a crime verses a religious individual? 

Zombieguy1987
  • @Zombieguy1987:

Do you have a counter argument? 
  • @TTKDB

Christianity is a cult your failure to understand definitions continues to give you problems , your other stupid argument about drunk drivers is mere deflection and makes sense to no one on here , you’re obsessed with Christian  drunk drivers are you one of them? 
  • @Joeseph:

If an atheist individual commits a crime, who might the atheist offender maybe blame their offense on? 

Might they blame their offense on their own actions, or blame it on their atheist thought process?  
  • @Joeseph

Care to comment? 

What about the atheist drunk drivers Joe? 

Being that drunk drivers have killed 1.6 million people, do you not have an issue with that?  
  • @Joeseph:

An Atheist Goes Through Alcoholics Anonymous

• @Joeseph:

What are your thoughts on the below? 

"Atheism and state indoctrination

• @Joeseph;

• @Joeseph;

• @TTKDB

Care to comment? 

What about the Christian drunk drivers Joe? 

Being that drunk drivers have killed 1.6 million people, do you not have an issue with that?  
  • @TTKDB

I don’t read BS 
  • @TTKDB

More rubbish from your Indoctrinated Christian drunkards website , your parents put you onto this site? 
  • @Zombieguy1987
    Religious people not even understanding their own religion isn't a case for being anti-religion in general. If they were theologically literate at all, they'd know they while you should also trust and pray to God, you can't just totally depend on God and be some lazy bum. You have to do your part too. One of the Evangelists was a physician. 
    Zombieguy1987Joeseph
  • Nathaniel_BNathaniel_B 177 Pts
    edited October 2018
    I wouldn't say its child abuse, but that religious indoctrination is completely wrong. Religion belongs in religious schools, and has no place in education. 
    Zombieguy1987
    “Communism is evil. Its driving forces are the deadly sins of envy and hatred.” ~Peter Drucker 

"It's not a gun control problem, it's a cultural control problem."
    Bob Barr
  • @Joeseph:

Why would you repeat my question back to me Joeseph?

Do you have a counter argument! 
  • @TTKDB

Being that Christian drunk drivers have killed 1.6 million people, do you not have an issue with that?  

Why would you repeat my question back to me Joeseph?

Do you have a counter argument! 

Maybe you Christians ought not to drink and drive ?

• TTKDB said:
    @Joeseph;

Conservapedia?

Seriously...
    https://www.google.com/search?q=victims+of+religion&safe=active&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=x&ved=0ahukewihu9jugorfahwkmeakhbtib00q_auidigb&biw=1920&bih=963&safe=active

Blues and Raptors handed two very toxic teams embarrassing losses, 95% of the sports world is rejoicing in the news

Repealing the Second Amendment is the first step to Totalitarianism, and it needs to be prevented to protect our freedom 

http://www.atheistrepublic.com/
  • Religious views are like political views: parents tend to give them to their children. If I was a parent, I would encourage my kids to become Christian (take them to church, etc.), but it is their life, so if they are not Christian, then, it's their choice.