Primum Disputandum: Capitalism Doesn't Ensure Societal Well-Being - Page 2 - DebateIsland Development Environment The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland Development Environment

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

Primum Disputandum: Capitalism Doesn't Ensure Societal Well-Being
in Economy

2»

Arguments

• searsear 104 Pts
    PS
    BTW MC,

B.F. Skinner observed this / corroborated your point, that positive reinforcement is more effective motive than negative reinforcement; a notion that seemed to surprise some when Skinner first released the findings (though today seems to be accepted).
  • @MayCaesar ;I’m starting to lose tolerance for these unfounded assertions. How will creating a mandated system (versus a voluntary one) cause it to lose focus of its task and become consumed with serving its members, and how does creating a mandated system create this innate lack of desire? To your final point, actually cite sources (and they MUST be academically reputable for me to consider them trustworthy) rather than nebulously mention them, then I’ll address things further. 

I'm Cassian the dog. Since you humans, unfortunately, run the world, I'll do what I can to ensure you feeble-minded apes won't obliterate the planet and kill us in the process. You're welcome.
  • @Ampersand Go ahead and address a point you feel like presenting to me and we can go from there. Just make sure your replies are 1-3 sentences in length, if you could.
    I'm Cassian the dog. Since you humans, unfortunately, run the world, I'll do what I can to ensure you feeble-minded apes won't obliterate the planet and kill us in the process. You're welcome.
  • @Ampersand Potentially, it is possible to create governmental oversight to the degree in which fundamental flaws in the capitalist economy are curtailed to a significant degree. Yet, I view that we should have a different economic system which prioritizes the shared benefit of the populace above all else as opposed to one which is driven by individual self-enrichment. After all, it is only logical for the people to want such an economic modus operandi that ensures the well-being of all since all strive for well-being naturally.
  • @Cassian

Are you going to continuously reject the rebuttals of people who make valid points against you, while you ignore the same format you called for?
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 1699 Pts
    edited March 2019
    @Cassian

When you create a mandated system, someone must work to maintain that system, and that someone - just like anyone else on this planet - has every incentive to do it in a way that, first and foremost (or even exclusively), serves their interest. This is just how the world works, this is how humanity works, and this is not an assertion that needs a source to be confirmed; it is an obvious fact to which every human can attest to based on their own experiences.

The difference between the voluntary and the mandated system is that in the former people serve themselves directly, by choosing the mode of behavior that best suits their interest - while in the mandated system they instead adapt to the system installed by someone else, still serving themselves, but with lesser efficiency, since the system does not directly match their preferred mode of behavior.
  • MayCaesar said:
    @Cassian

When you create a mandated system, someone must work to maintain that system, and that someone - just like anyone else on this planet - has every incentive to do it in a way that, first and foremost (or even exclusively), serves their interest. This is just how the world works, this is how humanity works, and this is not an assertion that needs a source to be confirmed; it is an obvious fact to which every human can attest to based on their own experiences.

The difference between the voluntary and the mandated system is that in the former people serve themselves directly, by choosing the mode of behavior that best suits their interest - while in the mandated system they instead adapt to the system installed by someone else, still serving themselves, but with lesser efficiency, since the system does not directly match their preferred mode of behavior.
    "Let me just make wide sweeping claims about every single person and system on the planet with absolutely no evidence and act as if because I believe them that makes it automatically true."

- Generic MayCaear post #384
  • @Cassian ;

Was capitalism suppose to?

A United State in Constitutional separation was established to ensure the well-being of society.

We know of this as a shared goal as the details had been placed in writing as a mission statement of truth and fact. Preamble..