Best President in US history? - DebateIsland Development Environment The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland Development Environment

Communities

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

Best President in US history?
in Politics

Who is the greatest president America has ever seen?
northsouthkorea

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Arguments

• I don't know much about all the US presidents, but I'd say George Washington is one of the best, simply because he didn't support group over another regarding party systems. 
    DrCereal
  • I say Abraham Lincoln, he stood up for what he believed even when he received loads of criticism and threats and he was a great leader
    George_Horse
  • Should I count Trump or not. He has not finished his presidency. He might be the best. I don't think he will be. : )
  • northsouthkoreanorthsouthkorea 196 Pts
    edited November 2017
    I think George Washington is the best president due to him being the first and president and doing a lot during his terms, before, and after, etc.
  • George_HorseGeorge_Horse 432 Pts
    edited November 2017
    @Nope

Let him finish his two terms then decide.
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? " ~Epicurus

"Americanism not Globalism, will be our credo." ~Donald Trump

"A communist is like a crocodile" ~Winston Churchill
  • Toss up between FDR and Lincoln as strong and capable presidents that weathered adversity and brought about change. Probably give the edge to FDR for Lincoln's support of an end to slavery being somewhat wishy-washy.

That said bought a biography of Washington a few days ago that may change my perspective on him.