Elon Musk vs Henry Ford - DebateIsland Development Environment The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland Development Environment

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

Elon Musk vs Henry Ford
in Cars

By agsragsr 851 Pts
this week Telsa market cap exceeded Ford. Who is more of a genious of their time, Musk or Ford?
aarong
  1. Live Poll

Elon Musk vs Henry Ford

7 votes
    1. Elon Musk (Telsa)
      28.57%
    2. Henry Ford (Ford)
      71.43%
Live Long and Prosper

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Arguments

• I vote for Elon Musk. He is transforming multiple industries, but Ford just transformed one
    someone234
    Live Long and Prosper
  • Ford pioneered the entire automotive industry and was a leader for many generations.  Ford is old news now, but if you look at the context of that time Henry Ford was Musk++
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible
    - Walt Disney
  • Henry Ford built up his company with his two hands, he revolutionized the way cars were made, he changed the automotive game forever. Elon Musk needed a little push from the government and a whole lot of cash to create a Prius minus the gas part with an I Pad in the dashboard.
    someone234
  • Tesla.
  • Ford created a whole new genre of transportation and the manufacture thereof, Musk mainly updated the propulsion of said technology.  And don't get me wrong, I truly respect Musk and hope he succeeds.  But part of the reason he is making it is a tremendous amount of wealth which is helping bridge the gap until it's a fully profitable industry.  Ford started from scratch.  If Ford had so much financing he could go a decade losing money and still make it then he may have accomplished far more in a far shorter time just like Musk is.
    someone234
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 1699 Pts
    I think they are comparable to each other; they simply live in different times and focus on technologies most relevant at their time. 

That said, Ford seems to have been more of a successful businessman who simply streamlined the automobile production, while Musk is the one actually investing in development of cutting edge technology. That said, Ford's efforts probably have a much longer-term effect, while Musk's technology may either take off and revolutionize the mainstream market, or be abandoned and forgotten eventually as a "nice try" project, such as Google Glass. Remains to be seen.
    someone234WordsMatter
  • Ford. End of discussion.